Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Bigtuna

Hello Everyone

Welcome!
  2. Bigtuna

Ram 2022 frequent regeneration, lemon law

If you invoke a lawyer, be advised that the dealership will likely no longer work with you because at that point all discussions will be formal and will go through the attorneys. I would only use the lemon law if all other avenues fail.
  3. Bigtuna

Newbie on board!

Welcome aboard!
  4. Bigtuna

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4

My favorite body styles are the 2nd and 5th Gens but I'm biased. I really hope that hood scoop is functional...I hate fake hood scoops just seems cheesy to me.
  5. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

I'm putting Amsoil gear lube in my front and rear diff when I get home as well. :D
  6. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

I did a fair share of research on synthetics and Amsoil and learned some things. I’m impressed with the company and the quality of thier oils. Are you running 4x or 6x diesel amsoil? I probably forgot to check the TBN block on the form but will remember next time.
  7. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

Sorry I have been working lots and overseas. The report did not come with a TBN number. :oops:
  8. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

That is good because I swapped out the T5 for Amsoil 10-30 ADN. Same as you.
  9. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

I'm switching to a different brand of 10-30. I plan on testing it at at 9K again. Will post once the results are obtained.
  10. Bigtuna

Oil lab results

Hey Gang! I’ve been getting into the weeds with my motor oils. So I decided to get a black stone labs report for the oil in my 2022 6.7 (SO). This was taken before the third oil change using a sample cup and suction draw pump. Just curious if any of the pros have a comment on the viscosity? The...
  11. Bigtuna

Storing a Ram Cummins long term

Dude I apologize. I for some reason thought you were being a smarty. I see now you’re experienced in the subject and being helpful.
  12. Bigtuna

Then what would you consider a long time to store a vehicle?
  13. Bigtuna

So JDP was a bad example. It was the first thing I found when I googled long term vehicle storage. I would agree on the old 12 valves when the truck was more or less 100% mechanical. When I had my 24 valve second gen I never did **** to it and left multiple times for 5 or 6 months at a time...
  14. Bigtuna

Well your standard was “just disconnect the batteries” . So that’s not saying a whole lot. Move along now kid.
  15. Bigtuna

According to JD Powers it is.
  16. Bigtuna

Good idea! It will be parked outside because my shop will be full.
  17. Bigtuna

Hello all and Merry Christmas and happy Holidays. I own a Ram 3500 with a CTD. I’ll be traveling long term out of country for about 5 months. What precautions if any would you take to keep the truck healthy? Prior to leaving, I’m going to change the oil/filter and fuel filters. What else...
  18. Bigtuna

Built 24V w/compound turbos and built transmission for sale

Good luck with sale. I used to own a 2002 with a compound set, 7x10 injectors and lots of other upgrades. It made stupid torque!
  19. Bigtuna

Towing and hauling a camper

That’s what I’m thinking. And I’m not sure I’d want an extension for 13k. Larger boats are tricky to tow because nearly all the weight is aft. They can get pretty bouncy on a bad road.