Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. NC-Dave

Got an email from RAM Services - Triggered Alert Powertrain - Malfunction Indicator Light But I have no light is this marketing BS?

Had the truck scanned, no codes, still no light. Should I contact RAM Service and ask them to remove the alert? Or does it matter? I don’t want any problems in the future if I do really need service. Dave
  2. NC-Dave

Got an email from RAM Services - Triggered Alert Powertrain - Malfunction Indicator Light But I have no light is this marketing BS?

This morning, I received an email from RAM Service stating that I had a triggered Alert regarding my (1) Powertrain - malfunction indicator light but the truck shows no engine malfunction light. And email has a link to schedule service. When out started truck today - no saved messages - no...
  3. NC-Dave

New 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel

Ops sorry Could NOT get the wench.
  4. NC-Dave

I felt your pain. It was like 7 weeks after the truck was reported to be built before I got mine, but it's worth the wait. Dave
  5. NC-Dave

New 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel

Welcome! My Wife said I could get the wench, with Ram box and air suspension said I had enough on the truck. :D:D Dave
  6. NC-Dave

At high speed does your transmission shift up and slows acceleration?

Thanks Jsabre, That's exactly the information I was looking for and explains the trucks reaction. I know it had more in it and was pulling like crazy up to 98 then it when in "like" a limp mode. Shifted up two gears and slowed in acceleration. Not that I need to go that fast but in this...
  7. NC-Dave

Dave in NC new Rebel 2500.

I’ve been told that the PW has a detachable sway bar for greater ground clearance. The Rebel doesn’t.
  8. NC-Dave

Foam cup holders lower door pocket.

Ok a trim level thing, ok guess I needed the next level up to get 2. Oh well at least Amazon have them. Thanks.
  9. NC-Dave

House Paint - Removal from OEM bedliner.

I’ve heard you can try some WD40, it has been said to be able to remove paint as long as it hasn’t been on too long. It works if someone vandalizes your car with spray paint. But IDK about house paint on your liner. If you do try it, try in a small spot first.
  10. NC-Dave

Foam cup holders lower door pocket.

After taking delivery of my new ‘23 Ram Rebel, I notice, on a trip, that I had a foam cup holder in the lower drivers door pocket. (Or what ever that lower pouch or pocket is called, on the door). I checked on the passenger side and there wasn’t one on that side. I called my Dealership and...
  11. NC-Dave

At high speed does your transmission shift up and slows acceleration?

Ok, ok I know these things aren’t designed for high speeds but I opened it up, on an open stretch of road, several weeks ago. Got it up to 98 mph and it was accelerating well then until I hit 98. Then, it shifted up two gears and then accelerated at a much slower pace. Is that normal? Not...
  12. NC-Dave

Dave in NC new Rebel 2500.

I ordered without the black strip on the side, it’s a 6.4L, 3.73 rear, (I know can’t tow as much as the 4.10, but get a little bit better gas mileage), rear air suspension, level 2, safety, bed utility and towing groups, power sunroof, upgraded stereo, 12” GPS, got it pretty well equipped...
  13. NC-Dave

New 2500 Rebel in Arkansas

Look familiar. I moved up from a Colorado. Great color.
  14. NC-Dave

Ordered a New Ram Rebel 2500, looking forward to getting it and have a few questions.

Ok picked up my truck a few weeks ago, and as requested here are a few pics. I had a Colorado before and man this is a big truck. I really like its everything I was looking for. It has a 6.4L with rear air suspension and Ram boxes.
  15. NC-Dave

Oil Catch Can? Anyone using one if so which one are you using?

Wow, ok I would have thought all the 6.4’s were the same. I haven’t taken delivery yet. According to my Dealership my truck leaves Baltimore tomorrow at 8:28AM, for the Dealership in Culpeper VA. Thank you both for your feedback.
  16. NC-Dave

Oil Catch Can? Anyone using one if so which one are you using?

I hope to get my new Ram 2500 within the next 2 weeks, and I want to install an oil catch can on my 6.4L. I have a Jeep SRT with the 6.4L and one of the first things that was recommended after I purchase the vehicle was an oil catch can. I have a Billet Tech catch can and it works great. I...
  17. NC-Dave

Ordered a New Ram Rebel 2500, looking forward to getting it and have a few questions.

Thanks for the link tchur1, I will check them out for sure. JohnandDonna, I went with the 6.4, diesel is over $5 per gallon in NC plus another $10k to the price. Our builder has a diesil and recommended a gas. I got the 3.73 rear end, I know that drops my towing ability down to slightly below...
  18. NC-Dave

Hello Ram Owners. I’d like to take a minute or two and introduce myself, my name is Dave and I am currently retired living in Northern Virginia. My Wife and I are having a house, garage and shop built in Pamlico County NC, on one of the creeks. I purchased a Boat and needed something to pull it...