Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. ClayG34

Front grille

Same grill for the 1500s as the 2500s
  2. ClayG34

Front grille

Does anybody know what all grilles are compatible with the 2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi?
  3. ClayG34

2018 Ram 2500 6.4 hemi thermostat issues

Man I'm not as tech savvy as you but it sounds like your damn sure on to something here. So I'm assuming the water pump bore needs to be filed down or opened up more to accommodate a 5.7 thermostat and simply wire a load resistor to the ends of the pencil heater wires?? Can the water pump be...
  4. ClayG34

2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi water drain plugs on the block

My concern is getting as much of the cleaner out as possible. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving any type of cleaner in the system because I am about to make 800 mile drive shortly after the flush. All I can find about block drains is that the driver side plug is a pain in the ass to get to.
  5. ClayG34

2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi water drain plugs on the block

Can anyone tell me where the water drain plugs are located on my 6.4? I want to do a complete flush but I keep hearing that the driver side plug is a P.I.T.A. to get to. My plan is to run cascade through the system to try and clear as much junk out of the system as I can. Shop put green coolant...
  6. ClayG34

Electric and clutch type
  7. ClayG34

Man I wish I would have signed up for these forums sooner. The good thing is I tied into the fan connection so one day when I have the time I can plug it back in and try this. That makes all the sense in the world now. The mechanics that I talked to all couldn't figure the low side fan out and...
  8. ClayG34

Ok so it only takes about a mile down the road for it to get warmed up. It really doesn't take long to get to a operating temp. And after it hits 210° or 212° it drops to about 197° then back up. Longest I've drove it was about 1.5 hrs since I've done all the work and after its been running for...
  9. ClayG34

Jetrinka. Thank you your awesome. Thats the kind of feedback I need and thays exactly what I was thinking. I know the fans aren't supposed to be on all the time but I had to install an aftermarket fan controller because 2 mechanics and the almighty dealer couldn't figure out why my fans weren't...
  10. ClayG34

So far the highest its gotten is 210. And yea I'm on my 5th thermostat at this point.
  11. ClayG34

2018 ram 2500 6.4 cooling issues.

Sorry man I'm still learning how to use this forum. Yea I've got electric and clutch type
  12. ClayG34

Yes. I did try that and it would never get up to temp. I drove it down the road and even cut my fan controller off so the fans wouldn't kick on and it still wouldn't reach temp. It was cool outside but even still I havent hit operating temps in over a week since I replaced the thermostat. I am...
  13. ClayG34

Ok guys and gals forgive my ignorance but I'm hoping someone here can help me out. My truck lost a fan back in August (of course it was August) and it overheated on me. Long story short I trailered it home and started going through it. My water pump is good, new thermostat, new coolant temp...
  14. ClayG34

Yes that was my experience. And im like you those temps are crazy to me. I've run equipment my whole life and 185 to 200 is fairly normal so I have had a hard time getting used to this. My main concern is the hoses and the components getting hot. I recently replaced my upper hose because it was...
  15. ClayG34

Yea bro and that does make me feel a lot better. I guess what has me worried is the unknowns. Stop leak in the system. But you guys telling me that those temps aren't too bad makes me feel 10 x better. Especially in 30° temps. What's odd is I noticed my truck seemed to get to 185 190 quicker on...
  16. ClayG34

I'm going to take you guys word for it. Just not a fan of all that heat.
  17. ClayG34

10 4 that makes me feel a lot better. Just way hotter than I'm used to.
  18. ClayG34

No the fans apparently quit working while I was hauling my camper. After hauling it home I tested the fans and realized they weren't working. 220 isn't that hot but when I'm unloaded and its in the 50's and 60's that kinda concerns me as to what it's going to do when I hook up a 8k camper to the...
  19. ClayG34

Yes sir it is. Worse invention ever made. I want to just replace everything at this point. But I may try to do a chemical flush first. Its not running too bad now.
  20. ClayG34

Yea I've had a motorad and a mopar. May not have been the thermostat at that point though. I was chasing all kinds of issues. I had to do a head job because it overheated and when the mechanics dug into it they found a ton of stop leak. They said the other owners must have dumped at least 2...