Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. silver billet

HEMI® Power To Keep Going In Ram Heavy Duty Trucks

There are no guarantees until it's publicly down on paper without any tricks to get there. For example, the new Ram 1500's have less towing ability (GCWR) so it wouldn't be the first time they rate down in a newer version vs the previous. Another thing to remember, Ram takes a ZF and modifies...
  2. silver billet

HEMI® Power To Keep Going In Ram Heavy Duty Trucks

So they also claim the 6 speed is getting dropped in favour of the ZF 8 speed "powerline" which can handle up to 1000 lb/ft. Guess that means that the cummins is getting derated then vs the current models.
  3. silver billet

SRT oil filter

Because that's how positive displacement pumps work. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/positive-displacement-pumps-explained-hopefully.217798/
  4. silver billet

SRT oil filter

It won't reduce the flow, it will just increase the pressure of it. The pump forces the same amount of oil through. You will not change the flow rate by getting a more or less restrictive filter.
  5. silver billet

SRT oil filter

These engines use postive displacement oil pumps, meaning, doesn't matter how restrictive the filter is or how thick the oil is, it's always going to pump the same amount of oil through at a given RPM. The PSI might increase on a choked/more restricted filter, but the actual flow or volume of...
  6. silver billet

Anderson WDH w a 38' TT? Edit: Bumper Pull

IIRC it's more of a set screw than a through bolt. You just put a little dimple in the actual frame, then the set screw goes through the brackets and into the dimple in the frame providing enough friction that the bracket could never slide around again.
  7. silver billet

For heavier setups, to prevent the brackets from moving, I believe Andersen recommends drilling a screw into the frame. I haven't done that, over 2 years and thousands of KMs towing its stayed in the exact same spot.
  8. silver billet

I've used the andersen no sway wdh for a few years now, I came from a husky centerline ts system. I prefer the andersen by a wide margin, the ease of setup/tear down, the ability to tweak the system depending on your load, it's lightweight, silent, no grease anywhere, no bars to...
  9. silver billet

Hemi problems explained

I bet the hemi engineers are sitting down for coffee one day and just stumble upon this video randomly and go; gee, I never thought about this cam placement and never realized it might cause "lubrication issues", thank goodness this bright young girl explained it so beautifully to me.
  10. silver billet

NSFW Funny Pics and MEMES Thread - no nudity - PICS AND MEMES ONLY

You know, if you actually want to convince the other side that they're wrong, then you can't do stuff like this and expect them to see it your way, you just get written off as a bigot. There is nothing wrong with her appearance (and even if there was it doesn't having anything to do with what...
  11. silver billet

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

I bet it took the idiot who typed that out, longer than 20 seconds to do so. Just sayin.
  12. silver billet

How hot is to hot?

For some reason I had assumed you had the hemi, so my bad, I have no idea what is normal for cummins.
  13. silver billet

U.S. Full-Sized Truck Sales Comparison: Q2 2023 vs. Q2 2022

Ford does things differently, the F450 is basically the same as an F350; the one gives you "max tow" and the other gives you "max haul". At least that's my understanding of it.
  14. silver billet

I don't know the numbers, but the Ford F450 has an amazing turning radius, the one with the wide front axle.
  15. silver billet

Nice to see GM still kicking Ford's butt for the 4th year in a row. Ram needs to update their trucks as they're starting to fall behind.
  16. silver billet

How hot is to hot?

I can't see any high idling, what are your actual RPMs? Are you sure it's idling high and not just the noise of the fan you're hearing? At 240f the fan should be on. These trucks are programmed to run hot, you can see on the gauges that oil temp is still well within what Ram considers "normal"...
  17. silver billet

Fuel mileage hauling: Diesel V Gas

In addition to Mega HO's point about everybody having different numbers and you need to compare your own instead, also keep in mind that there is a large difference between 9 and 10 mpg. Only sounds like 1 insignificant mpg, but I prefer to think of it in percentages. There's like 10% difference...
  18. silver billet

Dumb question about towing capacities 5.7 Hemi (ex 3.21 v 3.92 gearing)

Very hard to say, if that's 8400 pounds dry then you're going to exceed GCWR with the 3.21. But yes it definitely helps if you plan to tow flat and take it slow and easy as the ratings are done under some pretty tough conditions which you may never see (towing up the davis dam)...
  19. silver billet

Dumb question about towing capacities 5.7 Hemi (ex 3.21 v 3.92 gearing)

You want my 2 cents? There is a difference of about 800 pounds in GCWR between the v6 with 3.92 vs v8 with 3.21. If you've tried to tow with both, you'll immediately discard all tow ratings as "absolutely true and unfailable", because you cannot reduce towing down to a single number. The v6...
  20. silver billet

GM is really killing it lately, beating out Ford for best selling. Agree with your conclusions, especially those engine and transmission choices. I've never understood why Ram never offered the 6.4 SRT but stuffs it in everything else. Even the wranger gets it. I just want a simple tradesman...