Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. dragon_ram

Swap in Limited Night Ed headlights?

Anyone swapped out Laramie headlights for Limited Night Edition headlights? I found a VIN for a Limited NE, used that to source the parts, which comes to around $800 per headlight. In contrast, a Laramie NE headlight is around $450. I’m thinking a different harness may also be needed since...
  2. dragon_ram

Where do you buy your Mopar parts?

Just curious if there’s a solid genuine parts place folks use. Some Toyota dealerships sell online at a significant discount and I’m wondering if RAM has something similar.
  3. dragon_ram

Black Friday Deals 2021

Wanted to start another thread for any upcoming Black Friday deals to consolidate in one location. Often vendors will post nearing end of October / beginning of November, and it works great to bring those deals to a single thread. Many folks picking up 2022s now so figured there’s a big NEED...
  4. dragon_ram

Renogy Sale - this is ridiculous!

Renogy is matching any Prime Day sale prices on their website. Also, if you click a little spinning wheel you can nab a coupon (10%, 20%, $70 off, I think there was a 50%?). I got $70 off with code “ONLYYOU” so maybe you all can grab something better or use that. I have been waiting to get...
  5. dragon_ram

RAM Doesn’t Offer Free Maintenance!?!

RANT // Seriously, RAM doesn’t offer free scheduled maintenance? In 2020? For a vehicle that costs more than a BMW? Guess I’m searching the forum for filter change DIYs... RANT OVER //
  6. dragon_ram

Should I be pissed?

6900 miles, 4 months old. Had this clunk getting worse over last few weeks. Me thinks, it’s a truck and it clunks. Get the spidey-sense last couple days, and behold, my rear sway bar is hanging on the link by... literally... a thread. The 3” of bolt exposed is allowing the bar to bang around...
  7. dragon_ram

Black Friday 2020 Deals

Wanted to start a thread for any upcoming Black Friday deals to consolidate in one location. Often vendors will post nearing end of October / beginning of November, and it works great to bring those deals to a single thread. If able I’ll try to bring forward deals posted below into the...
  8. dragon_ram

Exhaust Brake Acting Up

Knowing the difference between “auto” and “full” for the diesel exhaust brake, is it normal for it to NOT engage when braking? I noticed between 25-30 MPH it would sometimes quit or not initiate, even though I was still braking (8% descent). I also noticed it wouldn’t engage randomly at higher...
  9. dragon_ram

Electrical Assist - High Amp Trailer Charger?

Looking for some electrical expertise. I have the 440a dual alternator option, but don’t have any toys to use them. I figure I can at least bump up my charge rate when towing. 1) what’s the max amp rate thru the 7-pin? I’ve read between 5-7a... 2) if I run 4 AWG from the batteries to the...
  10. dragon_ram

Weights - stuff “below” axle count?

I’m curious if any experts know - when counting up weights to get totals - can things like the weight of the tires & wheels be subtracted? If GVWR is 10,000 lbs and tires + wheels weigh 400 lbs, can you go to 10,400 as it reads on a CAT scale? I’m thinking the GVWR - or more likely the GAWRs -...
  11. dragon_ram

Truck scale vs RAM’s payload sticker

Anyone weigh their trucks and have a mis-match between the door sticker max payload, the truck weight, and the GVWR? According to a 10k lbs GVWR and the scales, my payload is about 850 lbs LESS than the placard on the door states. I know I could lose some weight, but...
  12. dragon_ram

F/S Firestone OEM Tires, 275/70R18 E, 1k miles

Selling my takeoff OEM tires. Firestone Transforce AT, 275/70R18 load E, with exactly 1000 miles on them. $600 for all4, OBO Will consider splitting the set up, in exactly 24.69 days - gotta see if there’re any takers for the 4-some first.
  13. dragon_ram

Sun Visor Warning Label

Search = “no results found.” Anyone attempt to remove the large, hideous, obtrusive airbag warning labels from the sun visors?
  14. dragon_ram

Where is the BCM located?

Having windshield tinted and I wanted to find the BCM (and/or anything else you guys think should be covered up). Anyone recommend disconnecting the battery until everything would have a chance to dry out?
  15. dragon_ram

Stoked and ready to mod!

Just picked up my 2019 2500 Laramie CTD... I’m coming from a 2008 Tundra that I’ve had for 7 years and love... it’s just at the payload limit with our most recent trailer purchase. That said, I’ve been moding Toyota’s (tundras and 4Runners) for a long time, and look forward to continuing with...