Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. dragon_ram

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

@Jimmy07 et al, I'd read somewhere that painting the rooftop antenna shell in a non-conductive black paint would stop all in/out signals from that antenna cluster. This might be for radio, GPS, and satellite (XM) but I'm not sure if it would be for cellular and telematics. Any ideas? My goal...
  2. dragon_ram

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I want to do this - can you detail the process? How did you ”pop” them? Vinyl wrap or paint? Much thanks!
  3. dragon_ram

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

I get that. But until there becomes a solution for transmit only, would my question of using a conductive paint on the antenna itself be a workable solution? This leaves everything connected, is reversible, is not detectable (by say a dealership tech), and leaves the loads intact for any...
  4. dragon_ram

Can you use conductive paint and just paint the shark fin to block all signals? Is there another antenna location? Ideally I’d just want to block TRANSMIT not receive (keep OTA and GPS)
  5. dragon_ram

dash cams

Recommended dash cams? Don’t want data floating out into the internet either…
  6. dragon_ram

Switched power source?

Question maybe this group can answer. I can start a new thread if more appropriate. I want to power a cell phone holder that also does wireless charging. When I use the usb banks in the front (those with both USB A and USB C together) it doesn’t work. It turns out the port is only temporarily...
  7. dragon_ram

Tow Mirror Dissasembly/Painting/Wrapping

Yes, plasti dip cans. Did it again with the 2022 that I recently picked up. I took out the small mirror glass, removed the led light assembly, taped off the main mirror glass, and sprayed. The more coats the longer it lasts and the easier it is to fully remove if you want to, so shoot for 5-6...
  8. dragon_ram

AlfaOBD

Is there a setting you can select/deselect to enable offroad pages above 25mph?
  9. dragon_ram

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Notice any change to wind noise at highway speed? Considering the same.
  10. dragon_ram

Night Edition Headlights

Thanks. Also, do you make these custom harnesses?
  11. dragon_ram

Night Edition Headlights

Do you have a write up on this swap? I’m considering (if the cost isn’t too painful) swapping Laramie LED reflectors with Limited LED Projectors to get the night edition headlight.
  12. dragon_ram

Swap in Limited Night Ed headlights?

Thank you I’ve been looking at these threads. Kinda hoping / wondering if I can get away with it for less than $1600 just to get the blacked out effect…
  13. dragon_ram

Swap in Limited Night Ed headlights?

Anyone swapped out Laramie headlights for Limited Night Edition headlights? I found a VIN for a Limited NE, used that to source the parts, which comes to around $800 per headlight. In contrast, a Laramie NE headlight is around $450. I’m thinking a different harness may also be needed since...
  14. dragon_ram

AlfaOBD

Wait auto fold on park doesn’t work even with power fold mirrors?
  15. dragon_ram

AlfaOBD

@iflyskyhigh RAM has had a way to disable that chime for years without a dealer visit or AlpgaOBD. Get in, close the door. Put seat belt on. Put truck to RUN without starting. Disconnect seat belt, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect (within 30” I think) then turn truck...
  16. dragon_ram

Paint matched Bumper Plugs

@acogs91 Do you have a set for the Olive Green? I’ll take a pair if so.
  17. dragon_ram

Converting from Chrome to Night Edition

Sport will too. It’s the main reason I wanted sport- I could not handle 3 different interior color clashes!
  18. dragon_ram

How do i turn the 1984 setting off?

So… can we unplug the truck or not? I don’t have Guardian (did on my 2019) but my ‘22 comes with RAM Connected Services. I can see my fuel, range, mileage to the single-digit, location, drive speed… it’s NUTS! How do I opt out and keep Stellantis from tracking this stuff?
  19. dragon_ram

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

Recommended shops for PPF in Phoenix?