Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. P

Seatbelt Retractor

2023 crew cab 2500. Drivers seatbelt has been a little sluggish when it gets to the last foot or so of fully retracting the seatbelt since new. Lately its gotten so slow it comes to a stop and I have to wiggle it for it to completely go back it. If I pull it all the way out it will operate as...
  2. P

Lets see what you are towing!

That’s what she said! Nearing the bottom of an 8% grade it dropped down to 2nd and was yelling at just under 5k but the hemis tend to be happy in the high rpm range. Overall very smooth tow. Yes definitely want to always know where the ass is at these lengths
  3. P

It’s 37’
  4. P

Opting out of the chrome appearance package is like getting free rv match lol. Longest trailer it’s pulled yet and made short work of it.
  5. P

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

Of course they didn’t. You’re going to love it. https://www.thecooldown.com/green-business/cummins-truck-emissions-justice-department-fine/
  6. P

Saw an article today that claims Cummins was “sneaking software onto trucks that bypass emissions controls, including pollution sensors” as well as “rigged about 1 million Ram pickup trucks to cheat emissions tests so they looked cleaner than they actually are” Fwiw the author also says we...
  7. P

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

That’s pretty much exactly the mpg difference I got between 87 and 89 but it’s $0.50 more for 89 here. So $3.09(87)/ $3.59(89)=11/12.5 mpg it works out to something stupid like .7 miles per dollar more cost effective to run 87
  8. P

Right!? Look how smog free china is. Government regulation is always the best solution
  9. P

A defeat device is any motor vehicle hardware, software, or design that interferes with or disables emissions controls under real-world driving conditions, even if the vehicle passes formal emissions testing. This is how they define it in the commie clean air act.
  10. P

Towing with new 6.4L

Thanks, yeah that is pretty much inline with what I was thinking. If I ever do any real traveling with it, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to Not use especially for the points you raise.
  11. P

Towing with new 6.4L

Good point, equalizer is probably a good idea. Not much heavier than the truck! Yes I can. As stated, it will be going from dealer to seasonal just down the road a ways.
  12. P

Towing with new 6.4L

Uvw. Unloaded. I should mention it’s only 15 miles from the dealership to the campground where it will be on a seasonal site year round and I don’t need to go on any highway. I never had any intention on using a wd hitch I was just curious why anyone would and it sounds like its mostly to reduce...
  13. P

Towing with new 6.4L

Placed an order for a new camper today and the salesman was really trying to sell me on a weight distribution hitch. I regularly tow 8-12k on an equipment trailer and have never used a wd hitch on any 3/4 ton truck. I’ll be towing it with a 2500 hemi CCLB. The camper is only 7,735 lbs uvw but is...
  14. P

Tow/Haul Mode Question

You have a 22 hemi paired with a 6 speed? You sure about that? Mds can be disabled by entering ers mode with the gear limit controls on the wheel. Keeps it out of eco but won’t hold gears as long as tow/haul.
  15. P

Radio upgrade ?

You definitely can. If you provide your vin to infotainment they will pre program it and installation will be plug and play for you. you can save some money by not getting a gps radio and just using CarPlay nav off your phone
  16. P

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I looked everywhere and there’s definitely not one hiding in there. Got the B&w tow and stow with 2.5” shank so probably wouldn’t use the adapter much anyway. But still..
  17. P

Dan's 2023 2500 Tradesman UNLimited

They extend you just have to pull them out manually.
  18. P

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

She’s ready to work. Thanks @brv10 and everyone else. If you’re still waiting for your truck hang in there it’s well worth the wait.
  19. P

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Mine said apr 6 but hadn’t shipped and when it finally did it changed to may 4. It’s currently at the rail yard waiting for a lift to the dealer and says apr 27 but salesman said Maybe end of this week