Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. V

Can you add auto climate control??

You may not have the wire. It wasn't there on my 2020 Tradesman 2500.
  2. V

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

You will need to get LED bezels and brackets and swap them for the halogen versions. If you have front park assist you need the bezels with the holes for those sensors. 68449321AA bezel for LEDs, one set comes with both sides. THIS is for the non-park assist version, I don't know the part...
  3. V

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

From what I have read, the BSM is disabled in your truck when you connect a trailer, regardless of what kind. Starting in '20, they changed it to work with conventional trailers, but still disabled with 5th wheel. Seems like you can swap in tail light assemblies from a '20 and get it to work...
  4. V

What year is your truck?
  5. V

That is the blind spot monitor (BSM). Do you gave a 5th wheel? BSM is disabled (maybe automatically?) when a 5th wheel is hooked up because it interferes with the sensors in the taillights.
  6. V

You have the triangles in the mirrors but blind spot is not installed?
  7. V

Decided not to mess with mirrors, added led marker lights to the mirror flag. Dimmed it a bit with a 1.2k resistor. Hardest part was finding used taillights for a reasonable price. Everything else was a breeze, thanks to the help found here!
  8. V

what's the trick?
  9. V

Same thing here. That tail light connector sticks out too far to allow you to slide the assembly onto the plastic pins. Had to first insert pins to assembly, then push the whole thing into place. Not clear how you get that apart next time ....
  10. V

This is the parts list I bought when I put OEM LEDs in my Tradesman. 650806AA bolts to mount Lights to brackets - 4 each side 68368951AA bolts to mount brackets to truck - 4 each side 68404464AA j-nuts, used with bolts above - 4 each side 68449321AA bezel for LEDs (halogen bezels are...
  11. V

oops, sorry that's for halogens. you will need different bezels, lamps, and brackets. I have those part numbers somewhere, will try to find them.
  12. V

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/fog-light-for-2019-tradesman.431/page-3#post-26657 @Jimmy can help with the needed harnesses.
  13. V

Eliminate 3 horn chirp when exiting vehicle while engine running

Got it. I thought that the diagram was stating that the pin out on the VSIM was directly coming from the horn switch.
  14. V

I thought part of this mod rewires the horn so that the BCM is no longer in the loop. When the horn switch is pressed, the horn is sounded via the VSIM output from the horn switch triggering the relay, instead of the BCM triggering the relay. Did I get that part wrong?
  15. V

This should also take the horn off the canbus, so no more delay to sound the horn? And you can just give the horn a short little bump instead of the second or two minimum blast?
  16. V

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Just connect the wire to ground, no need to remove it from the connector.
  17. V

Horn bump sounds too long

Thanks for that. Etsy has stickers too, was just wondering if there is something a little more polished looking.
  18. V

Thanks for that. Since the interface between the horn switch and the CAN bus all takes place on the wheel side of the clock spring, seems like you're right, can't be done. I think I've read that there are different clock springs required for more complicated steering wheel features, which...
  19. V

I think what was being referred to there was the same thing flan suggested above, taking the horn off the BCM. I did read somewhere that someone suggested finding the horn switch wire in the steering column harness, cutting that, attaching it to a relay, and driving the horn off that in...