Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. gen5020

Mopar extended warranty - yea or nay?

No modifications to this truck at all. It is in original factory condition except that it doesn't work. Can you tell me where to find the warranty? I called the dealership that sold it to me and they said to look online. I super appreciate your advice and assistance.
  2. gen5020

I checked the contract and it says Mopar vehicle protection. Cost me $3700. The truck is currently dead. Dealership says the def system failed, the fuel system failed and the EGR system failed. They informed me before it was towed to the dealership and before it was diagnosed that nothing would...
  3. gen5020

No Warning! Do not waste your money on an extended warranty! I say this from experience. My truck is dead at 68,000 miles. I bught the deluxe extended warranty for my brand new 2500 because I am not a mechanic. To date, my truck has had a variety of issues and not one of them has been covered...
  4. gen5020

Anyone else have the loose shift lever issue? Does it reoccur?

I wish I would have found this sooner! Truck was in for a different reason. Dealership told me the shift lever was loose, it was a known issue that needed to be fixed because it could be dangerous. I authorized the repair and they charged me $200 to fix it. Need to check repairs here first!
  5. gen5020

Engine won't start

Update: Dealership diagnosed both batteries as having died at the same time (63k miles/32 months) and recommended replacing both. Batteries not covered by warranty or prorated. Offered to sell me two more of the same but I declined. Purchased two Interstate Premium cold weather batteries and had...
  6. gen5020

Engine won't start

Thanks! having it towed tomorrow. I'll post an update when it's fixed.
  7. gen5020

Engine won't start

I am having the exact same problem. It started last week and now the truck is dead in the driveway. Only 60,000 miles and regular scheduled maintenance by the dealership. Whether you start the car inside or remotely, it does the same thing. It buzzes, starts pressurizing and there is an audible...
  8. gen5020

Terrible Towing pics thread

Actual photo of how we arrived at our last camping destination. Note the location of the Ford F350 Powerstroke. Ford worked very hard to make me a Ram customer for life and they succeeded!
  9. gen5020

Sorry for the million questions. Oil burn and new?

Follow-up: Had the oil changed by the dealer today (9,348 miles). Mopar filter and Penzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 oil - $200. They said 7500 miles was a better interval than the factory line of 15K. Also said that it is normal to burn a quart of oil every two thousand miles and not to worry about...
  10. gen5020

Sorry for the million questions. Oil burn and new?

I have a brand new 2019 Ram 2500 diesel. The oil was full when I got it. At 7500 miles it was 1.5 quarts low. I topped it off but I'm a little concerned about the idea of waiting until 15,000 miles to change the oil. Any recommendations on the change interval? Especially since it seems to be...
  11. gen5020

After exceeding the purchase price of my 6.0 Powerstroke diesel with repeated repairs and "bullet-proofing"; this month it was in the process of breaking down for the 'zillionth' time. Ram offered 0% at 84 months and my 1500 5.9 gas Laramie has more miles on it than either my 6.0 Powerstroke...