Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

They were stuck with MSRP. When we ordered we did it in the dealership because we couldn’t get the night edition with the bench seat and thought they’d have a way to do it; they couldn’t so I have some chrome. I think they were interested in us not getting the truck so they could mark it up. We...
  2. J

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Truck is finally in the driveway. Had some issues with the dealership, but all worked out. Just a reminder to all get everything in writing. Dealer installed paint protection and fabric protection. We explained we didn’t want it and we’re initially told it’s required by the dealer’s owner and we...
  3. J

I figured there was some system checks and then switching it from demo/dealer/travel mode (not sure what it’s called). Three days seemed a bit long and I started to worry that maybe there was some sort of damage from the rail yard. I completely forgot to ask for pictures because I initially was...
  4. J

Thanks for the thorough answer. Appreciate the breakdown of what is actually involved in dealer “inspection”
  5. J

I’m wondering if their service department just happened to be busy because it’s the weekend or slacked off a bit because there was no service manager this weekend (according to the sales rep).
  6. J

Thanks for the info, if I don’t hear anything tomorrow during the day I plan to reach out to the service manager to see if I can get a better timeline. I feel bad for the sales rep because he is just the middle man between service and myself but the service manager wasn’t in over the weekend and...
  7. J

Glad someone gets it. My wife just laughed at me. Lol Pictures will be posted.
  8. J

My sales rep said it was delivered by a hot shot driver with only one other vehicle. That being said maybe there were other deliveries earlier in the week. It just seemed that most of the posts I read regarding the dealership inspection only took a day or so. I am just being impatient. The truck...
  9. J

For those who have received their trucks, how long did the dealership take to inspect the vehicle? Does anyone know the inspection procedures? My truck arrived at the dealership Friday morning and has been going through the inspection since Friday around noon. I was told it would be ready for...
  10. J

Very true, I used to work in logistics and before the current supply chain issues, creating eta’s were always a challenge for my tracking team.
  11. J

Awesome man, when did your truck ship from the factory?
  12. J

I have had three different sales reps through my ram building/buying process and all three have mentioned that the tracker dates are not very accurate on both sides (some orders coming earlier than expected and others later). However, my original eta was at the beginning of September (before my...
  13. J

Saw a few posts back that FCA was looking into using forms other than rail to transport trucks to expedite getting trucks to the dealers. I may be misreading this but it looks like my truck is on a truck from Mexico to Texas, then will go by rail to California, then trucked from the rail yard to...
  14. J

Wish I knew that because I’d be switching that part too.
  15. J

Make sure to change to your orders’ VON and enter your last name.
  16. J

I also woke up to an estimated delivery date. Then got a call from the dealer explaining that the trackers date is very soft. The dealer explained that for their location the typical shipping time is 2-6 weeks once it actually shows shipped in the tracker. I’m not sure how accurate this is for...
  17. J

Because I know you’re all only hear for updates on my truck. Regarding the ram tracker, I have noticed when I get that message later in the day my order has some update. I wonder if the tracker goes into a standby mode while updating? But that has been my experience, this is only a possible...
  18. J

I was told by the dealer I have a production date of 9/1 for a mega cab 2500, wonder if they are doing a batch of mega cabs this week seeing that both of your orders went into production yesterday. I ordered at the end of June so maybe this helps give some order to the production line wait...
  19. J

@brv10 can you work your magic on VIN 3C6UR5ML5NG379421 Thanks in advance.
  20. J

Did your dealer provide you with this log? Or did you compile this from your weekly updates?