Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Rambox and tailgate locks

OK. I'm going to try the small switch on the rambox lock cover. I can't see why it won't work because several years ago I took that cover off and unplugged the wire controlling the lock mechanism and it disabled it but that takes a lot more time to do that than just switching a little rocker...
  2. D

Interesting, I will ask my dealer about that when I see him next week. I wonder if I could go into settings and enable, disable easily as needed. Of course, if it's accessible through the touch screen and settings, a mechanic or valet parking attendant could undo the disabling command...
  3. D

That's what I was thinking also, just remove the key and let them have the remote to start the truck and get it serviced. I just need to make time to get a switch inside the rambox. When I get it done I'll re post.
  4. D

The part that fails is a little plastic piece that keeps the little rod from slipping out of place. I really have a hard time believing that someone at the factory hasn't thought of a solution for us to be able to keep it locked when we take it in for service or valet parking.
  5. D

We need somebody to write a program to add to what we have and hopefully not mess something totally unrelated to randomly quit working. I think they have their hands full getting the bugs out of the Uconnect 5 system for now.
  6. D

Yes, I thought about putting a small switch on the inside of the rambox on the side of the plastic cover, then lock it manually as you suggested, but darn it, it could be so easy for Ram to just program it so we could disable it on the screen if we could just get them to think it was their...
  7. D

Does anyone know whether or how you can disable the unlock function for the ram box and tailgate locks to keep them locked if you take the truck in for service or have to valet park it somewhere? I have asked every dealer that I have stopped at and the response has always been the same "I...