Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. V

Towing with new 6.4L

I have a short bed '19 6.4. towed a 28' travel trailer with about 8-8.5 mpg. Switched to a 5th wheel 37' but pin weight was only listed at 1750lbs, GVWR 11500. The truck pulled the 5th wheel much easier and returned around 9-9.5 mpg running at 65-66mph. Your truck will handle the 5th wheel...
  2. V

6.4 8 speed ZF transmission service?

Well that's nice news to hear! Do you know by chance why the ZF fluid is yellowish green? I've only ever seen reddish trans fluid. Just wondering if it's a completely different type of fluid they use or what that's about?
  3. V

I keep my trucks well over 200k miles. I think the average owner is looking for a new payment after 4-5 years so yes agree, but I'm keeping this one for a very long time. I tow 11k lbs frequently so will definitely be servicing it before 100k. If I didn't tow a lot I wouldn't even worry about it.
  4. V

This is where I think it's a gray area. ZF says if towing a lot to do the service at 50k, the Ram truck manual says you don't ever change the fluids. Little miscommunication there and hopefully no one has had a warranty issue regarding this. I absolutely am blown away how smooth this...
  5. V

Agree, I've never used a dealer service center for anything, was just posting a dealer cost for parts initially. Looks like you can order the entire assembly and fluid for around $350. My local independent shop said if I brought the pan and fluids it would be about about $150 for labor. So...
  6. V

OEM PAN/FILTER, $200 https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-transmission-oil-pan-and-filter-68225344aa?c=Zz10cmFuc21pc3Npb24mcz1jYXNlLWFuZC1yZWxhdGVkLXBhcnRzJmw9NSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPXJhbSZvPTI1MDAmeT0yMDE5JnQ9YmlnLWhvcm4mZT02LTRsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D Gasket...
  7. V

Ram Cares, I really hope you read this and can inform your dealers what the service interval is and update the service manual. Tired of getting conflicting information from dealers, I contacted ZF directly. I asked about the pan, filter, fluid combo mentioned earlier in this thread and asked...
  8. V

I'm hoping to keep my 2500 for my lifetime . Price of HD trucks right now are absolutely crazy.
  9. V

https://www.blauparts.com/ram-2500-atf-transmission-fluid-change-kit-2019-21-8-spd.html The little I know but apparently Ravenol synthetics is good.
  10. V

Has anyone ordered the Ravenol transmission service kit and used it? Has pan, filter, and fluids for $300. Would like to go ahead and have mine changed out by an independent shop. All the Ram dealers in my area say they don't service these transmissions.
  11. V

'19 Ram 2500 6.4 updated

So we sold our travel trailer (GVWR 7500) for a fifth wheel (GVWR 11000). From Jacksonville FL to North Alabama I would average around 8 mpg. With the new Fifth wheel I went from Lakeland FL to North Alabama and returned right at 10 mpg. I installed the Andersen Ultimate and installed a B and...
  12. V

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

I have a '19 2500 6.4 Big Horn(cheap radio). Only complaint I have is when first starting the truck it won't let me control the radio (can't turn it down or off). I have bad hearing and I always back up with the radio down or off to make sure no one is behind me. For a smaller screen I'm...
  13. V

'19 + 6.4 Transmission question

Sorry if it's been posted, anyone have a part number to our filter/pan combo? I don't see the Ram's listed in the odf posted.
  14. V

Thank you guys for clarifying. I guess I will go with the 50K mile service and have a private shop do it to save some money.
  15. V

Has anyone gotten a solid answer on the ZF transmission service? I believe the manual doesn't mention it or states something odd. I called 4 different dealers, 2 say to have it drained and filled at 30 K miles, 1 at 50k miles and one said it doesn't require service? If I understand correctly...
  16. V

new owner

Buc-ees is my new favorite place. OP, I have a 19 6.4 and have only used 87. No issues towing in mountains and hills.
  17. V

Towing with new 6.4L

Have a '19 2500 6.4 4x4. Just towed my travel trailer 700 miles round trip. Driving in hilly terrain south got 9 mpg at 68-70 mph. Coming home with wind and mostly up the hills around 8.2. My camper is 29' loaded about 7000 lbs. Very happy with the truck and the 8 speed. When a large hill...
  18. V

Anyone used Timbrens?

I'm hoping to install the Timbrens this weekend on my 2500. Though the truck doesn't need them, it does lower the rear a bit when loading my travel trailer. I personally don't like the "floaty" feeling my truck has when loaded. Anyone know if that will be alleviated once the Timbrens are...
  19. V

Lets see what you are towing!

What truck topper is that? Looks great, wish I had the mega cab.
  20. V

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

3150 lbs. Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab short bed. 6.4.