Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. ylwrseoftx

AlfaOBD & Stock Air Suspension

Has anyone had any luck using AlphaOBD AlfaOBD to rewrite the levels for your stock air suspension? I really feel like mine (19 3500 HO SRW SB) are constantly over inflated. Doesn't matter if it's normal ride height or alt trailer height. It's just too much. I've reduced air pressure in my...
  2. ylwrseoftx

Runng too rich?

Visibly the exhaust is fine. I don't have smoke at start up, a little when it's cold out of course, but otherwise *visibly* it's fine, it's the smell of it that's very overpowering. Like dunking your head in a 55gal drum of burning diesel (if such a thing were possible)
  3. ylwrseoftx

Runng too rich?

No haze at idle. It didn't even occur to me about the HO vs SO ‍
  4. ylwrseoftx

Runng too rich?

I have a 19 tuned with a full delete. Tune is on a MM3 with tunes by Smarty. When I did the delete the exhaust was awful, as was expected. It's been almost a year now though and it's still pretty awful. Like choke you out just at idle. I know what diesel exhaust is supposed to smell like. I live...
  5. ylwrseoftx

(Rumor) Ram locking down ecm’s of 19-21’s?

I'm assuming everyone with tunes & having the vehicles flashed are not full deletes? My local dealership informed me that while they wouldn't report it, they also wouldn't be able to flash my truck since it won't run without the tune (if I put it back to stock). It's basically shut me out from...
  6. ylwrseoftx

Flatbed Bodies

CM definitely does NOT have a good rap, for as many as you see on the road. I really like the norstar western hauler w/o the g-neck channel, but not sure it could be made to work/look good on that short bed.
  7. ylwrseoftx

Flatbed Bodies

It's really going to depend on the maker. Some are built into the bed, some tie in to the frame. Same as attachment...some beds are weld on, some are bolt on. Depends on the make. Your best bet is to call the factory and get the 411 direct from them. Or visit with your closest dealer. I'm also...
  8. ylwrseoftx

service air suspension

has anyone looked into changing out the stock system with an aftermarket one that gives you more control? I have it on my 3500 and I hate it bc it rides on the airbags as opposed to the leaf springs, making for a stupid rough ride when empty. like way more rough than a 1 ton should ride. I'd...
  9. ylwrseoftx

What can/will a dealer actually do??

The truck in question is out of warranty. I did the work myself (I own an auto repair shop) and am not scared to get my hands dirty. My problem with the CP4 recall is I don't have the capability to do the post swap programming. The dealer is going to have to do that. But said truck will not run...
  10. ylwrseoftx

What can/will a dealer actually do??

So in just about every post where people are talking about mods/programs - anything that goes through/bypasses the SGM - everyone says X/Y/Z needs to be removed before taking the vehicle to the dealer for service. Is this because the dealer can't access the PCM/ECM with their FCA tool? Or...
  11. ylwrseoftx

NV5600 Swap

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone done a swap from a 47RFE to a NV5600 (4x4) and have a good source for the transmission? Or does anyone just know a decent source for them? (Or have a parts truck for sale?! ) Most everyone I have called on it has a "mandatory core needed" which we...
  12. ylwrseoftx

Underhood Light Upgrade

Has anyone come across an upgrade (pref LED) for the underhood light on these 2nd gens? If not, any luck finding an OEM housing? LMCs OEM style housings have been backordered for idk long now and Geno's isn't showing to have anything that would fit a 96
  13. ylwrseoftx

Tazer Ram?

I've been running one for a couple months now. I enjoy it. You have the option to leave it plugged in or just plug it in for the changes and unplug it. I leave it in. Used it to change my tire size, delete the fog light drop out with high beams, and fold the mirrors on shut down. That's all I've...
  14. ylwrseoftx

Consistent emmisions issues

We see thee rising fair, dear land, The True North, strong and free...
  15. ylwrseoftx

howdy!

new member here. got a new-to-me 5th gen 3500 earlier this year and decided to join up to hopefully find some answers to the burning questions I come across from time to time. my truck is all stock atm, but that will be changing soon! my husband as a 2nd gen 12valve that we've been slowly...