Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

Disassembled again, on the rotisserie, getting ready for paint!
  2. Zeroday

Why did you choose a 3500?

I chose a 3500 after months of reading the forums and considering transmission reliability concerns, as well as not wanting to paint myself into a corner with capabilities. I wanted to buy a truck that would last me 20 years - now, whether or not it will actually last that long notwithstanding...
  3. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

Wiring and plumbing. Finally got the long lead-time items in, HVAC and radiator, so that's next on the list. The car has a huge nose but when you need to cool an engine, oil, power steering fluid, AC, and a supercharger, it gets crowded fast.
  4. Zeroday

DEF consumption

My first 3800 miles on my 2020 HO has used just about a full tank of DEF. I've only done light towing in this time, so mostly highway driving empty. So roughly 5-600 mpg also.
  5. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

Haha I hope not. I use a fingerprint reader to unlock my computer all the time and it seems to work just fine so I'm hoping that it translates. I do, however, plan to have a momentary override switch hidden deep inside the dash so if worse comes to worst I can do that.
  6. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

Fitted the hood and fenders to see if the engine fits. It does - barely. Next issue was a clearance problem with the oil filter and the steering rack, but thankfully the new TRX necessitated development of a 90 degree filter adapter, so I got one of those. Had to trim the drain on it to clear...
  7. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

More pictures. Finally getting some traction with the build, no pun intended.
  8. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

That's a real nice one. 2nd gen Mopar B-bodies are my favorite, but '66-'67 GTOs are a very close second. Similar styles, great lines with more curves but still the sharpness of the early 60s without yet getting into that 70s roundness. If I had the extra cash for another I'd definitely want...
  9. Zeroday

'70 Charger Restoration

For anyone interested, more progress. Slow going, but things are starting to come together. Need to modify the transmission tunnel and do some frame stiffening, then we'll be ready for paint and final installation of this combo:
  10. Zeroday

Anyone have experience with high idle hours?

Same here, I assume it is any time you're not moving, so sitting at lights, etc. probably counts towards it. Still, my number is a lot higher than I'd think it'd be. edit: apologies, realizing this is supposed to be for Hemis, my bad.
  11. Zeroday

Really bouncy ride on 3500 w/ Factory Air Suspension

Definitely check the pressure in your tires - off the lot they can be really high and if you're not towing or carrying heavy loads, you don't need as much. The bed lowering issue has been discussed here at length and in a nutshell yeah, it's pretty disappointing in the 3500 - the leaf springs...
  12. Zeroday

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

2020 3500 Laramie, HO, Delmonico Night Edition
  13. Zeroday

Guess I need an offset ball...

That is definitely a long bed. Plus the trailer nose is narrower, but it's also a glamour shot for a website so who knows the reality behind that shot. Regardless, it sounds like there are solutions that may work for you.
  14. Zeroday

Front grill trim removal

Hey that looks pretty slick, I like it a lot.
  15. Zeroday

Some questions while "truck shopping/researching" ...

I ordered from the dealer a mile away from me and got more than that off, it's possible.
  16. Zeroday

Huge difference between my 2013 2500 and the 2020 3500 when towing camper

you and me both. fingers crossed.
  17. Zeroday

Huge difference between my 2013 2500 and the 2020 3500 when towing camper

:eek: knock on wood w/r/t that CP4.
  18. Zeroday

Cummins Convert

Welcome! There are a few of us first-time Cummins owners here, but tons of veterans so I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need (if you need any, that is).
  19. Zeroday

Terrible Towing pics thread

They really should run that yellow strap to the front bumper instead.
  20. Zeroday

Also new to Ram

Welcome, fellow Virginian.