Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. joace

Regens at alarming rate!

When re-ignite your truck, the DPFRG% on your idash should drop to around 20%, after that % goes through a few rounds of up and down between 20% and 40%, it will stay steadily and increase from 40%, that's the pattern i found from my idash.
  2. joace

Regens at alarming rate!

A lot new threads pop up from this post in last 2 days, keep my eyes open whether these can be nailed down to the real issue, based on @Se7enoverland said and another guy's post (maybe on FB group) about regen issue disappeared after installing Banks monter horn, highly suspect the issue related...
  3. joace

Odd engine time

Yeh, that's what I'm thinking, just cruising at a higher speed without a real load, may not help on passive regen, i could confirm that if I tow my 5th wheel, the DPFRG% definitely would go down, without triggering a regen. Instead, engine would burn more fuel and air at that condition, so...
  4. joace

Odd engine time

unfortunately i cleaned up deleted photos at every end of month, I should have to keep them longer. From my tracking, never seen a regen before 100%, not sure how RAM calculate PID % number, but seems they have a complicated algorithm to factor multiple readings with the current driving...
  5. joace

Odd engine time

I think I didn't enter the wrong number, as I always take a photo of engine hour dash screen when regen starts, so I can update my tracking list with current data when not driving. I have a banks idash, DPFRG% is one of gauges I set to monitor, every time it only reaches 100%, regen will start...
  6. joace

Odd engine time

Since my 22 3500 is also observed with frequent regen, so I started from this March to track the regen data, but today saw a very odd entry, my last regen recorded on 10/29 with below hours, today had another one, but the engine run hour is the same, only has 3 hours increase on idle, definitely...
  7. joace

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

This scares me that how confident I can trust the scope called out in CSN 71A, after a few weeks of continuous checking on my mopar account, I didn't this CSN, but now still haven't reached my 100% confidence.
  8. joace

My truck built on 8/26/2022, but transmission S/N is 2E-ish, checked Mopar.com, only particulate sensor CSN shows up, not sure Aisin also has multiple plants, and problematic snap ring randomly spread to the lines, I guess RAM should know each truck's BOM which easily map to impacted transmission.
  9. joace

Thanks! Good to know it will show up in the app. Just logged in my mopar account, so far only relay and sensor recalls there, will keep checking for a while, if nothing changed, I may have more confidence my truck is out of the CSN scope, definitely i take it as a good thing, even they have such...
  10. joace

so so this campaign officially launched? and right now only checkable in dealer's system? If so, they may still use VIN to flag impacted truck
  11. joace

what I understand from CSN is that they may not really care about VIN now, for any HO & CC Aisin truck built during that timeframe will be covered by CSN. They may already weighed out the total cost (part & labor) on all these 5440 trucks may still less than the process cost to pin out exact VIN...
  12. joace

Aisin Transmission Concerns

Glad you had a such positive experience, at least what RAM did really mitigated the bad impact from the failure. But I would like to see more proactive actions from them on sold trucks with Aisin transmission. I believe they must have more insights on this issue and the raw data (maybe just a...
  13. joace

Today went to dealer to get my relay recall finished, I also asked about AISIN k1 snap ring issue, as expected, this service advisor just looked at his computer and didn't see any other recall tied to my VIN, so assured me no such recall needed on my truck. So this still can't clear my question...
  14. joace

Not sure how RAM plans and schedules their production line, according to current tracking list, the failure does span the wide range of tran build date, including mine, your efforts are really appreciated.
  15. joace

This weekend just finished a short 100 mil round trip camping, thanks god, that timer bomb didn't strand us, I'm tracking my trips to see how far we can go. My track built in 08-2022, and tranny S/N is 2E-3255, I just finger crossed to hope the failure happens when not towing and close to a...
  16. joace

You can't imagine the absurdity of Stellantis Road Side Assistance program

Feel sorry for OP's bad experience and shame on Stellantis' service, I had a 5th wheel tire blew up when towing on toll way back home last weekend, thought I had everything needed to change the spare tire, but I didn't, when calling RV insurance for road assistance, a toll way road incident...
  17. joace

not sure how to check exact build date, but according to my sig, it seems in late Aug 2022, pretty much in that window.
  18. joace

Driving a 22 3500 HO daily, every few weeks will tow a 14K 5th wheeler for weekend or holiday camping, but with the failure list getting longer, should I reduce my camping schedule, or tow more to expedite the failure? I have no answer yet, but I believe it would eventually come as it should...
  19. joace

2022 3500 Creaking Noise In Steering Column/Wheel

Same 22 3500 Laramie, exact same issue came up around 4K mile, planning to schedule a dealer appointment to address, if this due to a clock spring failure, supposed to cover by warranty, right?
  20. joace

Thank you for the effort to create and track the failure cases! It gives us much more help with some real data, maybe more proving points than some dealership service. In theory, with p/n, s/n back tracing, RAM may figure out what exact transmission used the faulty part, but that's just some...