Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. B

I had a banks monster ram intake installed on my 2021 standard cummins

I had a buddy buy a 5.0 mustang in the 90's and he was writing down how much horsepower has going to get by doing upgrades. He showed me his list and he listed a gear change was giving him another 50hp. I just smiled.
  2. B

Your four-legged friends

My GSP, the bloodhound headed out to find that deer.
  3. B

Navigating in your Ram

I received an email from Ram that an updated map was available for my 2021 truck at $149.00. Why would I spend that for an update when I can use all the free map apps that are update constantly. If this was $20 or $30 I might think about it.
  4. B

HELP - Lots of power but start switch is dead (or now crazy)

Any chance it the security system could have shutdown something? I used to have a 300 zx if the security system tripped you had to use the key and lock and unlock the doors to reset it.
  5. B

Old issue but still relevant. Beware!!!

My camera works about 5% of the time. Now my AC jumps up to 76 degrees and cuts the fan off. You have to restart the truck to get it to work again.
  6. B

Weight distribution hitch for 3500 with ram factory air

I saw this hitch on Youtube yesteday and it looks like a neat concept. I had the equalizer when I had a bumper pull. I don't miss all those squeaks and creaks. https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/product/weight-distribution-hitch
  7. B

Software update?

I am wondering if they will ever update the 21 radios to do the full screen.
  8. B

Mopar Prepaid Oil Plan

I did and extended warranty thru my dealer and it covers oil changes every 7500 miles for 7 years. It does not cover fuel filters.
  9. B

Fifthwheel towing

I always hear people say the 2500 will pull without a problem. My camper is 36' and about 14k. I went with a 3500 dually as that is what I am comfortable driving. My main concern is being overweight. I have CDL and haul heavy equipment. The 2500 might pull something but it it scares me to death...
  10. B

Digital Rear View Mirror

I have a 21 3500 limited with the digital rearview mirror. I do not have a plug on my bumper but I looked under the bumper and have a cord with a plug tied up under it. I am wonder if that could be the cord that would go to the plug for the camper camera.
  11. B

Power Steering Failure

My wife had a 2019 1500 that the power steering would just quit. It happened while driving and also when you first started the truck. It was out of warranty and my friend at Ram found a short. He fixed it but said the electronic power steering was probably going out. Ended up trading it in on my...
  12. B

Uconnect update for Radio and Rear Camera

My rear camera works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I was at the dealer Saturday for an oil change and it had a recall for a software update to fix it, they tried loading it 3 times and it would never take. The message they would get was to contact Uconnect for troubleshooting. Has anyone...
  13. B

Oil Change Intervals

I am friends with the service manager at the dealership I bought mine from. I asked about the 15k oil change and he said he would never go over 7500 miles. I get my oil changes for free with the extended warranty plan I bought so it really doesn't matter to me.
  14. B

Ram 3500 Stiff suspension

My wife rode last weekend for the first time in my 21 3500 dually pulling the camper. We usually take 2 vehicles so she can pull the boat. She was amazed at the ride difference compared to our old dually. These trucks are meant to be pulling weight the air bag suspension is worth the ride unloaded.
  15. B

Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Yes or No?

I had Nitto's on my F-250 work truck and I had 4 tires that broke the steel belts in them. We finally got them off the truck and went with BF Goodrich's which were not my choice.
  16. B

Lets see what you are towing!

36' Mesa Ridge.
  17. B

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

The seat memory button on the door. Every time my wife or daughters drives the truck mine has been reset. They always hit the second button.