Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Buckeye6.4

Question on lights blinking when locking front and rear diffs, and disconnecting the sway bar.

Sorry I should have elaborated a bit. You will need to take your front and rear diff covers off and clean the magnets on the lockers. A lot of grime will build up on the magnets and prevent them from locking. Plus you will have new fluid in your differentials. You will need around 7 qts of fluid...
  2. Buckeye6.4

Question on lights blinking when locking front and rear diffs, and disconnecting the sway bar.

May need to clean the lockers also if you haven’t already. Mine wouldn’t lock in and would blink until I cleaned them.
  3. Buckeye6.4

Level kit?

Thuren as posted by others. I get compliments all the time by others about how well my truck rides on the Thuren 1.5" springs with fox 2.0's. leveling kit. Running factory wheels with 35x12.5 tires. I did add the thuren track bar which helped alot with the way the truck handles. Also added a 1"...
  4. Buckeye6.4

Oil to use?

Yep a ton of discussions. I 100% agree with you on the oiling issue and idling too long. I have no idea of the history of my truck being used and the oil used prior to me purchasing it but I will say that the redline made a huge difference in start up ticks and noises. Cant say it will work for...
  5. Buckeye6.4

Oil to use?

You are going to spend more than 20 extra dollars for redline or Amsoil. It’s not about saving money on either of them. It’s about a higher quality oil than what oem calls for. Not saying pennzoil isn’t a good quality oil but oils like redline have different additives added into them. Which the...
  6. Buckeye6.4

Oil to use?

I run redline 5w30 but have used Amsoil 0w40 in the past. The redline makes a huge difference in the way it sounds compared to the Amsoil. The Amsoil is a great oil but the hemi’s sound better on redline.
  7. Buckeye6.4

Need Parts Help

I can’t help with the rear diff cover as it must be different on a 23 model but I can tell you that a catch can on a 6.4 is a no go. Don’t believe they have developed one for it and I doubt they will. The way the pcv is tucked into the intake makes it difficult from what I’ve seen or heard.
  8. Buckeye6.4

2018 Ram 2500 Transmission Issues

If it’s not slipping I would bet it is either the valvebody or solenoid pack. Both are known issues in the rfe transmissions. I would change both if going as far as the solenoid pack. Matter of fact I just changed both of mine only because they are known failure areas. Do not go back to oem...
  9. Buckeye6.4

Front grille

Negative. 1500’s are different than the 2500’s
  10. Buckeye6.4

2023 Power Wagon - desertfox73 Build

I might just do that. If I can get away for a few it would be nice to check it out. What are the times for the open house? I looked on the website but didn’t see anything.
  11. Buckeye6.4

2023 Power Wagon - desertfox73 Build

Bad ass truck! I live 15 min from that place so gonna have to check it out sometime. Nice to see some local shops that do that type of work around here.
  12. Buckeye6.4

Tire Pressure Sensors

Still no dice. I tried clearing the code and resetting the pressures. It will allow me to go as far as deleting the entire tire pressure page out of the evic but cannot shut the light off for whatever reason. I’ll keep messing with it but so far nothing has worked
  13. Buckeye6.4

Tire Pressure Sensors

I’ll try that and see if it will clear the light. Thanks
  14. Buckeye6.4

Tire Pressure Sensors

I have it set at 40psi. It reads the correct psi setting I have it set at and I no longer get the evic message of low pressure but just the light. Do you no longer have the light come on?
  15. Buckeye6.4

Tire Pressure Sensors

Yeah I get that but I already have the JScan and will cost me nothing if I can get it to shut the light off. I only run 40-45 psi in my tires so it stays lit up but no longer tells me in the evic they are low.
  16. Buckeye6.4

Tire Pressure Sensors

Do you still get the warning light on the dash? I have JScan and have used it to stop alerting me of the low pressure in the evic screen but my light still illuminates. I would love for this to go away.
  17. Buckeye6.4

Let's See Those 4th Gen Ram HDs!

2015 hemi 6.4 2500
  18. Buckeye6.4

About to buy a 2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman

Being that it has the 68rfe trans I would just give it a good through test drive. It is the weak link in the drive train in these trucks. Not that it isn’t a good trans but they have valvebody or solenoid pack issues. Easily swapped out if your mechanicaly inclined as I just went thru it in my...
  19. Buckeye6.4

Best tires for RAM 2500

Toyo open country AT3. I have them on my 2015 2500 and love them. Put about 9k miles on them so far.