Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CG_CWO4_Ret

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

Hey, now that's just... Well...correct. Hey now. That is completely out of li...No, wait. it's the truth, carry on.
  2. CG_CWO4_Ret

They cause no harm and seem to annoy some people.
  3. CG_CWO4_Ret

I've always liked to the looks of the clearance lights on trucks.
  4. CG_CWO4_Ret

New here!

Welcome from another one that likes white trucks (2nd white truck 4th white vehicle).
  5. CG_CWO4_Ret

FNG

Welcome aboard, Chief.
  6. CG_CWO4_Ret

How long have you been driving a diesel truck?

On and off for decades. However, this is the first one that I have owned.
  7. CG_CWO4_Ret

What are you listening to today?

Absolutely. This morning I was listening to Geddy's solo album.
  8. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

No problem. Discussions are great and all parties that are willing to can learn from them. I'm one of the risk averse crowd. Unless there is a compelling reason to exceed GVWR and I feel the reason is worth the risk, I won't do it. The list of items I typed was a stand in for everything in...
  9. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

OK. Once again, not arguing. I will never convince you that you are doing it wrong. And you will never convince me that it is OK to exceed GVWR.
  10. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

I'm not going to argue. I go by the sticker. If I wanted or needed more capacity I would buy a 3500 or a 3500 DRW. I am not an engineer, I am not a mechanic nor have I ever claimed to be. It is your truck do what you want.
  11. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

OK
  12. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

The other parts of the story are the engine, transmission, springs, control arms, bushings, seals, brakes, tires, drive shafts, linkages, etc, etc, etc. All of the parts of the truck work together. The limiting factor is not the most robust piece of equipment, but the weakest one. Edit to...
  13. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

I'm sure others will argue, but go with GVWR and max cargo capacity as listed on the door sticker. Axle weight rating is just a part of the story.
  14. CG_CWO4_Ret

What are you listening to today?

A variety of progressive rock, and progressive metal with a bit of hair metal thrown in to keep the wife guessing.
  15. CG_CWO4_Ret

Drone fans?

What drone did you use for that picture? I'm flying a Mavic Mini 2.
  16. CG_CWO4_Ret

Drone fans?

I plan on getting my drone out to get a few pics of the truck. Just have to wait for a less windy day in North Texas.
  17. CG_CWO4_Ret

Axle Ratings

Out of an abundance of caution and common sense, I go by the door sticker GVWR and max cargo capacity.
  18. CG_CWO4_Ret

Foam cup holder inserts in doors

Those look like "bag holders" that go on your headrest.
  19. CG_CWO4_Ret

NO POLITICS --- Gas /fuel price in your area?

This morning I watched diesel change from 4.69 to 4.79 as I dove by the local station.
  20. CG_CWO4_Ret

2022 2500 - Off road package and after market airbags?

Unless you are doing serious off roading, the articulation loss is not that significant and won't be noticed. I plan on putting Airlift 5000's on my 2500 with off road package. If I was worried about the loss of travel I would install Daystar cradles as well, but I feel they are not needed for...