Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Diesel instead of gas

This a late reply but I came across a used 2500 Laramie 6.4 gas with 3.73 gears lease back in excellent condition, loaded with rambox. Been towing the trailer for almost 3 years now with it, tows the trailer excellently. I did notice it will not accelerate like the 1500 but it is a much heavier...
  2. M

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

This is my findings to. I was Leary about getting a ram box at first because I would lose bed space but I love it now and the bed divider
  3. M

Cruise reads in mph instead of kmh

My cruise control suddenly reads in mph instead of kmh. In Canada I need kmh. Ok changed the setting to US to get the psi reading on the tires like I have done numerous times then returned the sitting to metric but the cruise control now reads in mph, everything else is in metric? I have tryed...
  4. M

AlfaOBD

Yes it is, I did this to my truck.
  5. M

Self Driving Autopilot(comma.ai)

No lane assist on the 2500
  6. M

Self Driving Autopilot(comma.ai)

Will it work on a 2018 6.4 2500 Laramie?
  7. M

Hello from Edmonton Alberta Canada!

I had a 92 that I put 515k on it and the 12 valve CTD still ran like new, the body was rusted out, trany was going on it again when I sold it for $6,000
  8. M

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

I negotiated a Cumpustar T11 as part of the deal at the dealer when I bought my truck. They kept pushing the fact that I did not need it because the guardian lets you start from your phone. I asked them how the truck would start when I'm 200Kms north on the Alaska highway in camp without any...
  9. M

Iced!

It is so cold in Alberta we don't get ice but dry snow, I just use a leaf blower to clear the snow off the driveway and truck, only takes a few minutes.
  10. M

Safe top speed in 4 wheel drive?

I do the same thing living in Alberta we have 6 months of winter driving most of the time the roads are covered in Ice (snow packed down) the roads are cleared of snow by the transportation dept pretty fast, but the snow does get packed down by other vehicles within 1 - 2 hours of snow fall and...
  11. M

Discussion of what made you choose Ram

I had a 1992 D250 12 valve CTD. The truck had transmission replaced 2 times, rear differential replaced 3 times, front differential once, heater core 2 times, numerous other things, and rusted body out with large holes. The old 12 Cummins just kept on going, only repairs were valve adjustments...
  12. M

Backflip mx4 issues

I had the BacFlip G2 on my last two trucks and loved it except for the cover blocking the rear window when folded open to make full use of load higher then the sides of the box (trips to the dump with tree limps, etc). They sealed out water, dust, etc. Now I got the Bac revolver x4 (roll type)...
  13. M

Winter pictures

Alberta Canada west of Edmonton in late December
  14. M

Auto Dim High Beams

No codes it works great. I had some 1/4X1 inch stainless flat bar in the garage. (I didn’t what the brackets to rust) Drilled holes and put S-bend in them by putting in vice and hitting with a hammer. Pulled out a tow hook bolt and the re-bolted with the SS flat bar. See picture (the tie strap...
  15. M

Auto Dim High Beams

Real simple, I wired my last truck the same way with and indicator light on the dash. I didn’t use a indicator light this time because I found I don’t need it. Got use to leaving the headlights in auto on position and the aux lights would shut off if high beams are off. Prior to then my trucks...
  16. M

Auto Dim High Beams

I have them and think they work great even with the very bright light bar I installed that only comes on with the high beams. Sometimes road signs or house yard light in the country at distance reflect enough to cause then to dim
  17. M

Winter Bed Weight

I have home made sandbags I made out of semi truck tire inner tubes appox 30 years ago. I cut the tubes into 3 pieces and zip tied the end then filled with sand then zip tied them closed. The weigh about 50 lbs each, I have 6 so equals 300 lbs. They made a big difference on my 1/2 tons, an...
  18. M

2020 standard output - 986 lb/ft?

Years ago I had a 1992 Dodge 3/4 ton with the 12 valve CTD. It was rated at 160hp & 400tq. At about 200K, Kms I had a tune up done at Cummins, they dyno all vehicles after the tune up (most of their jobs a big commercial semi trucks). it dyno at 160hp and the as told “most of them dyno to...
  19. M

How long married to your spouse (or common law partner)?

20 years, two kids, 4 rams + one ford
  20. M

Going to consider Sd

I bought a Ram 2500 Laramie loaded with ram box and 6.4 hemi motor, 3.73 rear end. Got a deal $46.500, widow sticker wet was in the glove box for $78,798 (don’t know what the original owner paid. 26,000 Kms on the odometer . The deal was to good to pass on.