Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

I looked all around; where would that be? Sorry, not well versed on these things.
  2. R

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I got this in reply when I asked: " he said its a sealed unit. You can't open them. "
  3. R

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Mine is done, just waiting on a gasket for the front fwd cover (unrelated repair). I'll snap a pick once I get it back (they say Friday).
  4. R

Frequent regens (~100 miles); no help from the dealer

Don't be surprised if all you hear back is "they all do that" and "no check engine light, no problem"
  5. R

100% agree with you. I hope your outcome is positive; it got to the point with me, where I said screw it, put the hoses on, I'll pay for it. My truck was in the shop 7 weeks.
  6. R

If it were me, I'd order the hoses and put a new air filter in it myself. Star doesn't seem to have a good handle on this issue. Let us know how you fare.
  7. R

They have to inspect to see if they need to replace EVERYTHING, instead of just the pump. Some dealers are doing the inspection, then ordering either just the pump replacement kit, or the total replacement kit Some dealers (like mine) are ordering just the pump replacement kit, then doing the...
  8. R

I dropped my truck off today, the kit came in this morning. They did caveat that if they found shavings during inspection they'd have to order the complete kit (injectors, lines, pump, etc.) and that they were only allowed to order one of those kits every 2 weeks.
  9. R

I have a 2020. My dealer (Paulding Ram) said they were getting 2 kits a week. I was their second one to order, so it should get in this week. He said the GA warehouse showed 2k in stock.
  10. R

Payload and Max towing

Then you should be fine. The payload and towing are both beneath your limits.
  11. R

Payload and Max towing

I have a 12k 5th wheel and the pin weight is 2k lbs. I went with a 3500 for this very reason. What is the pin weight of your 5th wheel?
  12. R

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

I found this very interesting: https://dieselnet.com/tech/dpf_ash.php Basically, the more miles you put on a filter, the more ash it accumulates. More ash = more frequent regens. Given that the diesel emissions warranty is only for 50k miles, and that any extended warranty from Mopar...
  13. R

Went 327 miles before regen in heavy stop/go (Atlanta) traffic. Much improved over 100 miles between regens on the highway. Attached the parts for the hoses and the readout from the tech, if anyone is interested.
  14. R

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans $50 Over Cost @ Granger Motors

If you're within 3 years but over mileage, are you out of luck?
  15. R

Got the truck back yesterday. Been about 150 miles, no regen, gauge is only up to the first tic mark. What changed: * I put a new air filter in it * deader changed the hoses to/from the delta pressure sensor in the DPF The dealer says they smoke tested the hoses and one of them leaked...
  16. R

Diesel Particulate Filter Gauge , Is It Working

If your engine hours were a multiple of 24, it may have been that. The truck regens every 24 engine hours or when it thinks the filter is full.
  17. R

2023 HD Truck Equipment Listing Details

Press adaptive cruise control, then hit set. It works just like the regular cruise control button but also has the adaptive feature turned on.