Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. TWILLIAMS9

Are HO Cummins falling out of favor for SO for "22 3500?

Maybe the trans relearning driving habits would help but as some that have the trans on here still will say is it still isn’t as smooth a shifting trans as the 68rfe. Which I understand why it’s not, it’s built to tow. My wife already doesn’t like the way our truck rides as it is, it would add...
  2. TWILLIAMS9

Your exactly right when it wasn’t the additional cost of the aisin but why would I pay more for something that I didn’t like. I passed up MANY 3500’s because when I was looking most had the aisin. Took me to going out of California to find the right truck. Finding the truck that matched what I...
  3. TWILLIAMS9

I mean it works for me in my application better. I hated how the aisin shifted. I wanted more comfort in my truck as it’s a daily diver and spends 98% of the time not towing. Trust me I wouldn’t own a 1 ton truck if we didn’t own a large fifth wheel. It’s a huge waste of money if not used for...
  4. TWILLIAMS9

I’ll give ya a reason. In my application the aisin doesn’t do much for me 98% of the time. I have a 3500 because of a 5th wheel at 16,000 lbs with a 3800 pin weight. We camp roughly 6-8 times per year. Everything else is just commuting and doing daily chores. Why would I spend $3K more for the...
  5. TWILLIAMS9

How do you transport your dogs

My dogs are like my children. The reason I bought a mega cab lol. Had someone ask me how I like having a mega cab and my response was “well I don’t care, but my dogs love it!” Yes some people treat dogs as if they are dogs, and as long as they get the proper care, and good lives, that’s fine. I...
  6. TWILLIAMS9

Fifth wheel for 2019 3500 Mega Cab Short Bed

I don’t use a slider on my mega cab. My fifth wheel has recessed corners so we can get pretty close to 90 degrees without contacting.
  7. TWILLIAMS9

$500 Ceramic Tint?

Lambo, Do you know which shade you want to go with? I can post some pics of mine with the 70. Looks slightly darker than stock.
  8. TWILLIAMS9

$500 Ceramic Tint?

I had xpel prime xr plus installed 70 all around including windshield and paid $850
  9. TWILLIAMS9

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Oh did you get a specific brand? I planned on going with xpel prime plus. One of the best tints on the market for heat rejection I’ve heard.
  10. TWILLIAMS9

Which tint did you go with?
  11. TWILLIAMS9

Well I think I’m sold on the airlift 5,000 lb bags and the wireless kit you recommended. I appreciate all the info!
  12. TWILLIAMS9

Sorry for all the questions. Do the bags ever leak air and need to be re-inflated while in use? If so, does the system keep them inflated to the chosen setting automatically? If I didn’t have on board air, would I need to closely monitor pressure and keep them inflated?
  13. TWILLIAMS9

That would be great! When you’re adding air to the bags is the compressor loud?
  14. TWILLIAMS9

Is this it? https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=53833
  15. TWILLIAMS9

Would you be able to find one online and send me the link? I keep looking at them but end up getting certain ones mixed up and which are actually good.
  16. TWILLIAMS9

Which air compressor system did you end up going with?
  17. TWILLIAMS9

I was planning on getting the firestone 5000 but I was on the fence with getting on board air. The only time I need them is when we pull our fifth wheel which would be 6-8 times a year at most.
  18. TWILLIAMS9

New Truck...

My 3500 is my commuter! 70 miles a day. Congratulations on the new truck!
  19. TWILLIAMS9

Friday morning fun

Our trucks are slow IMO. When I test drove the ford and Chevy I was surprised at how fast they were. However, the Cummins is the best engine for towing. Pros and cons. I’d say if I was one of those people that bought a diesel just to have one and didn’t tow anything, I’d seriously consider the...
  20. TWILLIAMS9

Trying to get in on these deals

I decided to save the extra $3K and go with the 68RFE purely based on the fact that this is my DD and I only tow our 16K fifth wheel 6-10 times a year. If I full timed or towed greater than 14K pounds daily I would have gotten the aisin. Personally I hated how the aisin shifted empty.