Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Was the smoke coming out of the tailpipe or engine compartment? If it is coming out under the hood the most likely cause is an exhaust leak. Under normal operating conditions you won't notice a small leak, but when the ecm is actively dosing fuel for regeneration you will get smoke out of the leak
  2. S

commercial settings pin

Alfa looks like it can
  3. S

Lifter Failure? Report it here!

Cummins has global manufacturing plants, and third parties that make parts for them, ive seen a lot of India and China parts on different Cummins engines
  4. S

Cargo Camera Issues - Black Screen in the middle of the day.

Mine is acting very similar, works normally when cool, but acts up when it's In the sun for awhile. When it acts up I can usually get it to work by giving the 3rd brake light a few hits with my fist. I was planning on taking it in this summer when I go in for the recalls. It's interesting that...
  5. S

When is the facelift coming out?

The new Ford half tons at work have a column shifter but it's fully electronic, no cable. So I would think ram could do the same thing to keep it on the column. But most likely they will have the knob
  6. S

5th gen to 4th gen tailgate swap

It looks like the blue wire would be positive and the brown wire next to it would be the ground for the latch motors. What year truck is the tailgate from?
  7. S

5th gen to 4th gen tailgate swap

Here is a diagram of the tailgate release circuit
  8. S

time sensitive question - Kaodtech bypass cable – DISCONNECT?

You can leave it plugged into the CAN blocks, just tuck up the male/female obd ports up out of the way just like you have it. I really doubt the dealer tech would care/notice it being plugged into the can blocks, there is no reason for them to be under the dash anyway just for a software flash
  9. S

23’ Dually limited in Winchester, Va

Nice 395MS, I love mine
  10. S

Push to Start question on Diesel

Was the drivers door open on the second start? Sometimes that will Inhibit cranking if you don't keep the brake depressed
  11. S

2019 ram 3500 taillight wiring

The FLT wire is a fault sense wire that toggles 12v back to the BCM during turn signal use. I belive that you can disable it with alfaobd. @Jimmy07 would know for sure.
  12. S

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

'22 3500 HO built May AARFN No regen issues so far, gauge has only once got to the 30ish% mark normally stays at zero or close to it, mixed driving with towing every month or so
  13. S

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

I believe that is just the Spanish translation for USA
  14. S

Are 2020+ Ram 2500 BSM taillight modules and wiring the same as Ram 1500?

Not likely, first, I believe that the 1500 modules are oriented differently in the light, plus you would likely get mismatch dtc's.
  15. S

new 3500

Clearance lights only come standard on power wagon and drw's. They are an option on everything else
  16. S

Frequent Regen issue solved, MAYBE? Biodiesel Blend

That sounds more like renewable diesel than traditional biodiesel that is made from used cooking oil and other products. Renewable diesel does have better cetane and combustion properties compared to biodiesel. So it would make sense if they are using that in a blend that you are having less...
  17. S

First Regen? New diesel owner

If the filter is not loading with excessive soot, they will regen every 24-25 engine run hours. Take a look at your hour meter and see where it's at
  18. S

New LED Headlights?

Yep, those are the adaptive headlights that normally come on the top trim trucks
  19. S

Regens at alarming rate!

How are you pressurizing it? Depending on how it's hooked up you could be forcing air up the crankcase vent, ive also seen air get past the turbo seals and into the crankcase through the turbo oil drain, or possibly backfeeding through the egr system
  20. S

Cargo camera no longer works after update UC4 12”

I'm also having issues with the cargo camera on my '22, I think its a heat issue on mine because it only acts up after sitting in the sun for awhile.