Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. lovegolf44

S/O Has Plenty Of Power

Just finished a 3-day trip to the New England area pulling a 5th wheel that weighed roughly 13,500lbs with about 3100lbs of pin weight. I must say, that Cummins diesel is phenomenal. I know many of you opted for the H/O but hats off to the S/O too. I started encountering a lot of decent grades...
  2. lovegolf44

RV Battery Charging While Towing

Any sense for how well our truck alternator system charges our RV batteries while towing? I have two deep cycle batteries in my RV with a residential frig. If the charging rate from our trucks is pretty decent, I'm thinking I can run my frig from the camper inverter for several hours without...
  3. lovegolf44

Garmin RV 785 and BC35 Wireless Backup Cam

Let's face it, the MOPAR trailer camera accessory is abysmal and without changing out the OEM connector on the bumper (Ford system as others have done), there's only aftermarket trailer cam setups. Anyone have the configuration above? Curious how reliable the BC35 is and what distances...
  4. lovegolf44

Android Auto and Data Usage

With the exception of towing (I'm buying a Garmin for RV nav), I do like having Android Auto engaged for regular navigation and listening to music from my phone. The voice-text is pretty sweet with AA too. Question: Anyone have a sense of how much data Google Maps uses during navigation? Not...
  5. lovegolf44

New 5th Wheel Hitch

Installed my PullRite Super 5th single point hitch yesterday; fairly easy install. Easy to remove the head plate when not in use. Base unit comes out pretty easy too if I need the entire truck bed for hauling stuff.
  6. lovegolf44

Let's Hear Your Dashcam Stories

I found just a few references in here for dashcam installs (Interior Fuse Box Location thread) but wondering if anyone else has installed dashcams in their 2020 RAMs. Appears the fuse box isn't in the traditional under dash location so wiring to the rearview mirror may be the best option save...
  7. lovegolf44

Uconnect App Locator Function

Has anyone experienced issues with the vehicle locator function on this app? On several occasions when trying to locate the vehicle, I get an error "vehicle location data currently not available." Just curious if others have this issue. I'm following the instructions by turning on my phone...
  8. lovegolf44

Emergency Roadside Kits

Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality Roadside Emergency Kit with air compressor? I know Mopar sells the DOT kit but doesn't have a portable air compressor. I'm looking at a couple that look decent like ones from Bridgestone and EVERLIT.
  9. lovegolf44

Slight Noise Coming From Driver's Side Window

I searched and couldn't find anything directly related to this topic. Anyone else experiencing a slight air noise coming from the driver's side window area? Seals look fine but I can hear a little bit of air at highway speeds. My wife claims she doesn't hear anything from the passenger side.
  10. lovegolf44

GCVWR

Hey folks, for those of you that have new 2020 3500s, how are you determining the GCVWR for your particular trucks? The only thing I found on the RAM site is the 2019 RAM 3500 Trailer Towing Chart. It's based on the Tradesman unless you have a Mega Cab and they use Big Horn/Lone Star. Is that...
  11. lovegolf44

Sales Code YG4 5.5 Additional Gallons of Fuel

I searched this forum and couldn't find anything on this. It's listed on my build sheet. Some sort of reserve tank or something? There's no charge that I can see.