Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Yes! That hot air is exactly what I've experienced over the last week during cool (low 50s) mornings. I mentioned earlier that with an AC set of of 70 I was getting 130 degree air! I had a revelation today that it MIGHT only occur when I also have the rear defroster on, but I have not been...
  2. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Just took the truck to a 2nd dealer. They told me the system was not properly recharged by the 1st dealer, so the charged it. I am still getting readings in the low 50s out of the left driver vent and 60 out of the right. That was with high 70 outdoor temp. This is exactly what I expected...
  3. S

Wireless Android Auto??

While I have the option on my phone to enable wireless projection, I''m thinking our head units do not support this. I have no way to initiate Android Auto wirelessly.
  4. S

Wireless Android Auto??

That's great news. I just signed up as a beta tester, so I will give it a shot later today to see how it works.
  5. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

I was able to reproduce this again this morning. I took temps at high fan speed, AC on, Lo temperature, and cycled up to 70 degrees, changing nothing else. The temp quickly went up into the 120/130 neighborhood, depending on the vent. Curiously, this behavior in NOT replicated in the...
  6. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

So a new issue came to light this morning. Outside air temperature was 52 degrees, and for once, I was actually too cold with the AC on low. I kicked it up to 70 (AC on, recirculation off, face vents only) and drove for 10 minutes (after idling at the bus stop for 10 minutes). By the time I...
  7. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Nope, from day one, mine did not blow cold. I have a second appointment at another dealer next week, even though I know I'm shining my wheels.
  8. S

MPGs with 6.4 Hemi and new 8-speed?

I suppose that might help! Mega, 3.73, 4wd. Haven't towed or hauled anything yet. Maybe 65/35 city/Hwy. I'm not overly concerned, especially early on, just surprised it's not a bit higher.
  9. S

Are your trucks loosening up a bit after putting some miles on? I haven't hit 12 mpg yet, but I'm only at 750 miles. I wasn't expecting 16 like my 1500, but was hoping to get around 14.
  10. S

Took Ownership of a 2019 RAM HD

Yeah, I really like this color on mine also. It was the blue I wanted when I ordered my GMC Sierra a few years back. It ended up being a little lighter than I cared for, but this his the spot.
  11. S

Song or Album Limit From USB

Anyone know if there is a limit to the number of songs you can have recognized on a USB key? I have a 256GB stick that stores all of my music. The truck recognizes it just fine (NTFS formatted), but it will only display Artists up through "J". I looked through the manuals, even before I...
  12. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

So new issue to go along with subpar AC on hot days...I was driving into work around 7am today. The outside air is in the low 60s. Too cold for the AC to be blowing right at me, I changed the blower to the windshield. The manual temp was set to 62, and the windshield started blowing HOT. I...
  13. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

What concerns me, though it does not surprise me, is that there is no ETA. The only saving grace is that the heat of Summer is soon to let up, at least here in the Northeast, so it will be less problematic in the coming months. But without a fix my next summer, I honestly get no enjoyment out...
  14. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Here is the official stance from Ram. Note that the "Symptom/Vehicle Issue" is not quite accurate, but my dealer understood what I was complaining about: Release Date: 08/15/2019 Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Customer Indicates That Temperature Varies From Side To Side Being Colder On One Side...
  15. S

Tire Fill Alerts

The snippet I posted above was from that link you provided. I should be getting my truck back today, so I will check the hard copy of the sticker that came with the truck. Then again, I'm not sure I remember seeing the actual sticker when I picked it up...I better follow up on that!
  16. S

Tire Fill Alerts

This was from the web window sticker lookup link, not the actual sticker. So I'd need to verify.
  17. S

Tire Fill Alerts

This was listed on my order as well, but I have not seen a place to set it. I took delivery 2 weeks ago. Once I pick it up from the dealer for my AC issues, I'll take a look again and see if I can find the settings somewhere.
  18. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

I just dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning, 2 weeks to the day after taking delivery. They were going to put a charge on it to "see if that helps", but when they went to ring up the service in their computer, all kind of alarms went off, being a 2019 with AC concerns. So they are...
  19. S

A/C Issues? Anyone else

I did a somewhat objective test yesterday to prove I'm not completely crazy. After a half hour drive averaging 45 mph, fan on high, re-circulate, Lo, I was still pretty darn warm with an outside air temp of 86 degrees, sunny, PA humidity. So I ran in the house, grabbed my dual probe...
  20. S

I'll likely be filling up today for the 1st time. The truck says 12.8 for this 1st tank, but I'm ignoring that for now. Just not enough miles on it, too much idling while figuring out how to do things, no idea what the dealer put in it, etc. I have not towed anything yet, and half my miles are...