Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Jack base for Ram 3500 Prospector

Make sure the grain structure of whatever block you are using is generally horizontal. If the grain structure is vertical, i.e. in line with the jack shaft, it can crack and split under stress.
  2. D

Titan fuel tank install

I wondered about the heat shield when I did the Titan install. I'm not too concerned because, for the most part, there is so much air moving past there I doubt the tank feels any heat from the exhaust system. If you were sitting in traffic in Phoenix in June a lot, that might be a different...
  3. D

Titan fuel tank install

The nozzle should shut off, even if you are holding it open. My friend has his tank done at a truck accessories shop. No resticker on payload but it does reduce it. You are close. The 19 gallons of diesel is about 134#. I thought the tanks weighted about the same. The OEM tank has the...
  4. D

Titan fuel tank install

I doubt #3 causes spillover. I would bet that high flow nozzles shut off too early because of venting issues.
  5. D

Titan fuel tank install

Accordiing to info on each supplier’s website, the S&B sits 4.5 inches lower than OEM while the Titan sits only 2.5 inches lower than OEM. That’s why I went with the Titan. I purchased directly from Titan and did a self-install. The Titan guys were great to work with. i made a tool using a...
  6. D

Exhaust brake not working while in cruise control since Y78 recall completed.

So there is a possibility a new flash would not let you revert to an old copy? It could be a one-way street? I can see where reverting to an old copy could foul things up if hardware had been added or changed. It makes me a bit nervous having some of these recalls, that contain a dealer...
  7. D

Exhaust brake not working while in cruise control since Y78 recall completed.

My lack of knowledge showing here, but is there anyway to backup a current “tune” or “flash” or “memory configuration” or whatever you call it and restore it if a dealer “flash” creates problems? It seems that if it is possible for a dealer to upload a memory configuration that creates...
  8. D

Need a little help determining how much trailer I can legally tow.

There are differences in how various states treat noncommercial truck/trailer combinations over 26,000 lbs. Many do not require a special license if the use is purely personal, i.e. noncommerical. Others, like Texas and Nevada, do require a special license category, even for personal use over...
  9. D

Dpf problems regen frequency!!

Or false… That’s why I’m asking if anyone has tried it.
  10. D

On their website, they claim this additive reduces the burn temp of soot by 250*F thus making passive regen more effective at lower temperatures. I’m still curious if annyone has tried or uses this product.
  11. D

Fuel filters backordered

Try KLM Performance.
  12. D

Does anyone have any experience or insight to this product? Pittsburgh Power Max Mileage. I'm assuming this is what the OP is referring to. I didn't see anything else called "dpf cleaner" on their site. I'm skeptical of additives in general but if something have been proven to work, I'm...
  13. D

Is wiring a relay for a cigarette lighter to power a dashcam difficult?

Now THAT is a useful piece of information. I have been wishing that plug switched off and on with the ignition. That knowledge would only have been available with some head scratching after going through the fuse list on page 434 of the manual, if you got that far. The manual, or the truck...
  14. D

What are you *DRINKING* today?

Hard - Wild Turkey Russel's Reserve Bourbon or Wild Turkey American Honey liqueur. Wine - Red blend from the box du jour. A more "sophisticated" friend calls my choice of wine "weasel piss". Beer - I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Guinness Stout. BTW, if you ever pass by...
  15. D

new 2022 blue DEF code format

I'll have to check that out. Costco is $14.
  16. D

Does the Walmart DEF have the API certification on it?
  17. D

For anyone that has run across this date coding - 20192423003 - on a box of Peak Blue DEF: I call OWL (licenser of PEAK Blue Def manufacturing) this morning. In the above number the 2019 is the plant code. The 24 is year plus one, so 2023. The 230 is the days PAST in the year before...
  18. D

The Other Vehicle

My other vehicle!
  19. D

Regen

That all makes good sense to me, particularly regarding the engine condition during the extra regen fuel injection. If the regen system injects the same amount at idle as at highway cruise, I cold see more likelihood for dilution. There have been a couple of situations where I had to shut down...
  20. D

Regen

For some reason, I thought it was cylinder 6 but I don’t remember where I picked that up so I could be way off base. It seems that less fuel in each of more cylinders would be better. In thinking about this, if the fuel is injected during the exhaust stroke and everything is working correctly...