Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Trail_Wagon

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

Here's my take on it. I love driving my power wagon. It has a feel to it. Its huge, comfy, powerful, roomy, has a comanding view of the road. It feels GOOD. Sure, there are other cars that drive better, have more power, certainly get better mileage etc etc etc. But none of them invoke the...
  2. Trail_Wagon

Articulink? Technical discussion

1" is a lot. I'll be following along to see what, if any, interference develops in the steering.
  3. Trail_Wagon

Trail_Wagon: The story of "Hope". A 2022 power wagon build

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy and the forum didn't notify there was a new post. I keep the shocks low speed compression at 5 front and rear. If I load the bed I'll go up to 6 or 7 in the rear and leave the front at 5. I'm still playing with the off road settings. I typically have the high...
  4. Trail_Wagon

Its a tight fit, that tire goes way further up than you think it would at full flex, especially when disconnected. I had to make my resi mounts twice becuase the first time I didn't get them high enough, or inboard enough.. The mounts are super simple... I just cut the bottom of the fox mount...
  5. Trail_Wagon

I finally got a chance to the Fox 2.5 shocks on the dirt. I am impressed. Just behind my new house is an off road trail that goes up Mingus mountain. Its rocky, bumpy, rutted and develops washboard any place it doesn't have the other stuff. The kind of terrain these HD trucks usually suffer on...
  6. Trail_Wagon

Thanks, that's probably worth the $20 bucks. I could make something but I'm a pretty busy dude and time is money *Edit* Maybe it is worth my time... thuren charges $38.05 for shipping... Not going to happen.
  7. Trail_Wagon

I just used a short piece of hose wrapped around the parking brake so it didn't wear through. I'll check it every once in a while to make sure the hose is doing its job. I'll eventually fabricate a small bracket to hold the parking brake away from the reservoir , but its not a huge priority...
  8. Trail_Wagon

Its 10 clicks for low speed... and a whole bunch for high speed. Can't remember the exact. Play around a little with the settings to find the right feel for your load. I actually like mine better with the high speed wide open. With your constant weight, its going to be totally different.
  9. Trail_Wagon

The tazer has worked great for my jeeps, they just haven't figured out the newest Rams. Oh well, aev for the win
  10. Trail_Wagon

The Tazer was able to correct the speedo reasonly close so I shouldn't see much, if any difference in MPG... However, if you haven't corrected your speedo, the difference from 33's to 37's is going to be large. My average around town with a bit of highway driving is 12 MPG. I usually keep it...
  11. Trail_Wagon

I finally ordered an AEV pro cal to fix the speedometer and TPMS. I've been using the Z automotive Tazer RAM, but they have not worked out the bugs for the 22+ trucks. They are no longer even listed as compatible on the website. The pro cal is no longer on back order, so I gave AEV my cc info...
  12. Trail_Wagon

Sumo Bump Stops

Honesty the difference between 800lbs and 1200 lbs when you are factoring in a 8000 pound truck coming down on the with considerable inertia is negligible. Its going to squish both of them to maximum compression (about 80% of static height) Both the black and blue with work. They do a great job...
  13. Trail_Wagon

I finally got a chance to pull the springs and bump stops, and fully flex the suspension. As we had feared, the tire would contact the reservoir at full flex. So I cut the mount off, moved it up 2 inches, inboard 2 inches, and back about 1/2 inch. Now I can fully flex without hitting the...
  14. Trail_Wagon

Carli R2 Coils on Rear of PW

I purchased them from NorthRidge 4x4. It took about 6 months to get them. These are not custom tuned shocks, these are the default Fox tune. A while back Fox realized what the bulk of its customers actually want is comfort. Not everyone needs to blast through the whoops at highway speeds. So...
  15. Trail_Wagon

Carli R2 Coils on Rear of PW

I would love to say that the Fox 2.5 with DSC completely smoothed out the concrete expansion joint issue that all hd trucks have to deal with, but it didn't. It is much better, the truck doesn't hop or bounce, and certainly doesn't feel like it's out of control. It's damped down to the point of...
  16. Trail_Wagon

I've driven from Sedona to Phoenix twice this week, about a 2 hour trip each way. I've got the low speed set to 5 front/ 5 rear and the truck rides and drives great on the highway and around town. This is my default setting. Yesterday I pickup up 750 pounds of porcelain tile. This of course...
  17. Trail_Wagon

A quick update on shock comfort. I'm extremely impressed the the fox's. At the softest setting on the DSC the truck lumbers and handles sloppy, at the firmest setting the truck feels like an old 3500. I've kinda narrowed it down to the low speed compression settings at 5 (front and rear) and...
  18. Trail_Wagon

Articulation vs Sway Bar

The YouTube algorithm thought I needed to see this video. Actually a pretty interesting visualization of how the front and rear react with each other. Although he's a Toyota guy, the principles will be the same across any platform. What do you guys think?