Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. quicksilv.r

Why the left rear

I can't imagine always keeping 50+ in my tires all the time. Thank goodness for the AEV ProCal Snap. I know TPMS sensors definitely serve a valid purpose for some folks, but i certainly try to remove and disable them on all my vehicles if possible.
  2. quicksilv.r

Lets see what you are towing!

Rockwood UltraLite 2911BS (bunkhouse). With the Anderson anti-sway hitch and my AirLift rear airbags at 55psi, it tows like a dream.
  3. quicksilv.r

Docs diesel filters

FYI, the oil filter that came in my Doc's kit 10 months ago was a Fleetguard. I've run the Doc's full 6.7 filter kit now for two oil changes and 1 fuel/air/cabin filter change, and ALL the filters appear to be exactly the same quality as OEM. I change my oil at 7500 and the rest at 15k. Truck...
  4. quicksilv.r

Column shifter boot wear

So glad this is already down the road and close to having good replacement options. My boot has been a mess since day 1, and its the only thing on the inside of the truck that I don't like.
  5. quicksilv.r

TC Running - alert that keeps showing up

According the RAM Chat, that alert comes on whenever the Traction Control is active. It seems odd to me that it would pop up and then just sit there.....I mean, I'm going to spin a tire occasionally in the midwest winter....lol. Why make an alert that has to be cleared?
  6. quicksilv.r

TC Running - alert that keeps showing up

I've googled, and I've searched this forum. No luck. About once every 10-14 days, I'll notice the little red dot on my UConnect alerts icon, and the alert is always: TC Running I just delete it, but I'm horribly curious what the heck it means?? Anyone else?
  7. quicksilv.r

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

Well, since few really followed my instructions in my original post, it was pretty pointless. Just wanted posts that look like this, and nothing else: 10w-30 Mobil Delvac Extreme. I can get it at a great price, and is readily available. Oh well.
  8. quicksilv.r

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

Hey all, I like doing casual research to find out what the real folks in the real world are doing, and one question I always like to see information on is this: Which oil (brand and weight) are you using in your newer 6.7L Cummins, and why? Reasons why can be simple or elaborate, I don't...
  9. quicksilv.r

How to shut off low tire pressure light?

I should note…I do have a Windows PC and know how to use it….. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. quicksilv.r

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I suspected. The AlfaOBD seems ok...but I'm an iPhone/Apple guy....so I don't really want to mess with an android mobile device or a pc. Can you list out exactly what I would need to make AlfaOBD work, if I currently have an iPhone and Macbook? lol!! Or I...
  11. quicksilv.r

So, I've had my warning light on for about 2 weeks..ever since the new wheels/tires went on. The fronts are at 50psi and the rears are at 40psi. I can use the UConnect to create profiles easy enough...but it seems to not actually "take"....and my warning light and center dash screen warning are...
  12. quicksilv.r

My STFA presets were easy enough to find, set and "save"....but they won't apply. 2022 BigHorn. I still just see the "Please inflate to 65 psi" warning.
  13. quicksilv.r

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

Love that color with the Night Edition package.....that was my second choice!
  14. quicksilv.r

Method 317's, 18x9 | 8x6.5 | 18/5.75"
  15. quicksilv.r

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires - post yours

If you just care about performance while towing, and have zero preference on looks, then the Michelin Defender LTX is pretty great. They sell a 295/60R20. Any A/T tread pattern will not wear as well as a highway all-seaon tread pattern when towing heavy loads.
  16. quicksilv.r

Aftermarket Wheels and Tires - post yours

18" Method 317's, 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 1.5" front spacer. Factory Bilstein shocks
  17. quicksilv.r

Dreaded DEF system issue... you're screwed in xxx miles

I cleared 2 codes related to the throttle connection on my brand new 2022 with my ScanGauge2. It was a little akward...they didn't just clear...I got a "no response" until I started the truck and then shut it off.....after shutting it down with the ScanGauge still connected, it cleared them...
  18. quicksilv.r

I went ahead and got the truck paint corrected and ceramic coated (Fireball Silla), while it was fresh off the assembly line…. The front just has a 1.5” spacer on it for now, the factory Bilsteins ride good and work just fine for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. quicksilv.r

37x12.5R18 on Method wheels. I’ll get some more pics soon…snow storm just hit and everything is a mess for a bit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. quicksilv.r

I picked up the rig today. It arrived to the dealership last thursday, but I was out of town fri-sun. It was ordered in mid-october, so the wait was what I would consider reasonable. She's a beauty, and I love it! 2022 2500 Big Horn Night Edition LED lights Offroad package Level C group 5th...