Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Bluecoral

no problems

Fair question. Yes, diesel prices for the past 18 months are 25% higher than gas. Even so, my personal experience justified a switch back to diesel. I went from a 2020 Ford F250 with the new big block 7.3l gasser back to a 2021 Ram 3500 6.7l diesel. Fuel mileage on the Ford towing my camper...
  2. Bluecoral

no problems

I haven't had any problems with my '21 3500 after 16k miles, half towing a 10k lb camper. Super happy with the 6.7l.
  3. Bluecoral

2022 Hemi vs Diesel Towing advice needed

Here's my two cents......... I made an expensive mistake last year buying a new Ford F250 with the 7.3l, 10 spd to tow my 11k trailer. It did OK towing on flat land MN but once I got into small hills the 10 spd tranny downshifted multiple gears incessantly. Also, the engine would rev over 4k...
  4. Bluecoral

Dealership fuel filter replacement quote

My dealer wanted $590 so I only purchased the filters from them for $197. The price is absolutely ridiculous for two filters. I watched a couple online videos and changed them myself. It's not difficult though a bit messy.
  5. Bluecoral

Lets see what you are towing!

6. Bluecoral

Here comes the end of v8 trucks

yeah, totally agree! I've owned three Dodge/RAM Cummins inline 6's and one Chev Trailblazer with the 4.2L engine. The 4.2L gasser is is shared with the GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier and Oldsmobile Bravada. Just look around and you'll see a zillion of them still running. I personally have exceeded...
  7. Bluecoral

Please don't subject your engine to a K&N Air Filter

Completely agree. Before buying a K&N filter take a hard look at the stock filter (2019 and up). It's huge for a 6.7l diesel engine! I'm a mechanical engineer, spent most of my time working in HVAC with massive filtration systems. I can tell you without a doubt the stock air filter in the...