Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Off road package

I have the off road package with 3.73's and I have the 3rd shock
  2. J

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

Mine is extremely bad at highway speeds. Both sides of the hood flutter. Happens with no other vehicles around.
  3. J

NO POLITICS --- Gas /fuel price in your area?

$3.71 for reg. in Katy Texas today.
  4. J

Driving a 6.4 hemi makes its an expensive trip to the grocery store.
  5. J

Katy Texas. 87 octane $3.72 and diesel $4.59
  6. J

6.4 Hemi rough idle

This feels like a miss that is not turning on a CEL. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 4 when it happens. I can also hear it in the exhaust and see a rpm change. The dealer is stumped. They have sent the computer data to STAR and everything comes back fine. This truck had the engine...
  7. J

6.4 Hemi rough idle

I was curious if you have a rough idle at times. Sometimes it idles real smooth and other times it's a slight shake. Other times it's like someone pulled a plug wire off.
  8. J

2021 RAM 2500 6.4 CAMSHAFT PROBLEM

The dealership called me and asked me to come and ride with the technician. I went there yesterday morning and we took a ride. I showed him all of the problems that I am having. To each concern that I showed him he stated that I had some legit concerns. He kept saying that's not right to each...
  9. J

transmission issue

Sorry, I missed that part. Didn't mean to bring out the smart ass in ya.
  10. J

transmission issue

It's in the shop as we speak. At 4400 miles the engine was replaced due to a seized lifter roller that sent metal shavings through the oil. Symptoms were rough idle, lack of power, and poor fuel mileage. New engine has 1600 miles on it. Still has rough idle at times, lack of power, and horrible...
  11. J

transmission issue

My 8 speed did this when trying to pull out into heavy traffic. It left me looking like an idiot standing in the middle of the road during a cattle stampede.
  12. J

transmission issue

Is yours a 8 Speed
  13. J

They know about it. I don't think Chrysler wants to mess with it anymore. I believe they realize they have spent there set aside warranty expense on this truck. Before I retired I was a General Motors and Dodge Parts Manager. They closed my case as soon I picked up the truck when the engine was...
  14. J

After getting the engine replaced it still has a rough idle at times along with poor fuel economy. I filled up the truck and drove it 89 miles over several days. I went and filled up again and it took 12 gallons of gas. That was driving about 75 percent city and 25 percent highway. I drive this...
  15. J

2020 RAM 2500 6.4L - Loud tick even after lifter replacement at 19K miles

They replaced my engine at 4400 miles. Still has rough idle. Getting 7.5 miles per gallon mixed driving and still has lack of power.
  16. J

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

My truck is a 2021 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4 with 5957 miles on it. I purchased this truck on 3/31/2021. This is actually my second one of these trucks that I bought in 2021. On 2/27/21 I purchased my first one which is identical to this truck that I have now. Six days after buying the first truck...
  17. J

New to me, 2016 PW.......lifter questions

My 2021 Ram 2500 hemi had a long block replaced at 4423 miles due to lifter problems. A lifter roller seized and sent metal through the oil. The new engine has 1500 miles on it and I see metal shavings in the oil when I check the oil. I know a new engine will show some metal but what I see is...
  18. J

Don’t tell me it’s a Hemi tick

I know what you went through. I have a 2021 2500 Tradesman 6.4 Hemi that I used to love. I was getting 11 mpg in town and 17 on the highway. At around 3000 miles it started getting a rough idle and my city mileage dropped to around 6 mpg. It also started getting a backfire noise at startup. I...
  19. J

Tradesman Fog Lights

The lights look awesome. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. My truck is a 2021 2500 Tradesman. The halogen headlights in these trucks are the suck. I am wanting to add fog lights so I might be able to see something. I am wanting to wire them into a circuit that's hot with the...
  20. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Same tires I put on my 2021 Tradesman 2500. So far I like them. The all terrain Firestones had to go.