Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. P

Water Leak - front passenger foot well

I don't think so since I can't find any trace of water in or dripping down the A-pillar.
  2. P

Solid recommendations. Truck is not running (so not heater core) and the rain we've had has been constant, but light. Water is not pooling by the HVAC intake and that area is in fact relatively dry, so that rules out the drain flaps from being stuck or filled with debris. The truck does not have...
  3. P

I am at my wit's end! I have a water leak coming from the front passenger foot well. I pulled back the carpeting and the "rubber and foam" flap that lies against the metal in the foot well. This is not the cab lights, trust me, I know since I've already dealt with leaky cab lights. Water is not...
  4. P

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Well, more like what I did over the past two days. Yesterday: oil change, cleaned and rotated wheels, inspected DEF injector for buildup (none), and replaced CCV filter. Today: installed Mag-Hytec deep transmission pan. It's a very nice product by the way. If there is anything I can recommend...
  5. P

(Rumor) Ram locking down ecm’s of 19-21’s?

So you saying that the ECM before had one part number then after the Y78, recall, it is flashed to reflect a different part #, thus causing issues with tuners?
  6. P

(Rumor) Ram locking down ecm’s of 19-21’s?

So what's the latest? Is there a way to decipher if the ECM has been locked using AlphaOBD with a bypass cable?
  7. P

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Another 2019 Y78 completed today. I was expecting to get it done a couple months from now but called to see where I was on the list on Monday. They said they had the parts and I could bring it in this week. Dropped it off this morning at 8:30 and ready to go at 3:00. Other than a diesel smell...
  8. P

Need a recommendation on Transfer Case fluid

All, I found this information from Bob is the Oil Guy forums: The miracle that Mopar fluids are: FCA (now Stellantis) came up with the new "2016+ BW44-44" transfer case fluid in 2018. I'm pretty sure that if you drain your transfer case, red ATF will come out of it. Nothing changed with the...
  9. P

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Nearly a 7 month wait with my dealership here in Central Arkansas! Well, at least my 2019 is on the waiting list.
  10. P

I'm flabbergasted on how keeping up with previous recalls affects the new fuel pump. The pessimist side of me thinks this is a means to artificially delay repairs and to stretch out the limited supply of parts.
  11. P

Column shifter boot wear

Count me in as well!
  12. P

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Replaced my old BakFlip Revolver with an Undercover Armor Flex. Install was a PIA and I hope the install is not indicative of the durability of this tonneau cover. But it does look nice!
  13. P

Automatic Speedometer Calibration after larger tire install?

I've heard that when plugging into the truck for Apple Car Play or Android Auto, it uses the trucks speedo and not the phone's GPS.
  14. P

Rust Prevention

I had both of our vehicles rustproofed with Krown when we were up in Canada. Not a lick of rust showed up after our three years up there. But it sure made a mess once it warmed up. Good stuff!
  15. P

New tires installed!

No rubbing at all. If they were 295/65R20s, then maybe a little at full lock.
  16. P

New tires installed!

They are a slight bit noisier than the stock tires. The truck feels more planted to the road and the ride seems slightly better.
  17. P

New tires installed!

Other than being a CC, your truck isn't that much different from mine. I put on Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (295/60R20) on my truck a week ago and what a difference over the transfarce tires. Those Coopers are great tires, enjoy!
  18. P

Hemi Dually CC thoughts?

They are definitely rare. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen one. All of them were work/contractor trucks.
  19. P

Slight Noise Coming From Driver's Side Window

I'm quite sure the noise I hear has to do with airflow over the door. With mirrors up, it doesn't happen.
  20. P

Slight Noise Coming From Driver's Side Window

I too have this issue and will try with the mirrors up. I notice the whistling noise starts at 55 mph.