Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. L

Blind spot monitoring

That's what I have been doing, but I wanted to know if anyone else was having to do the same thing. Thanks.
  2. L

Blind spot monitoring

So I have a '21 and when I hook up a gooseneck and select that option it says incompatible trailer and the blind spot monitoring turns off. The dealer and Ram says this is normal. What are my options and how do I get anywhere with Ram when they haven't fixed it yet? I've had numerous things...
  3. L

capacity/payload

The numbers I included are all from the door jamb and the Ram website when entering in my specific VIN, not from general tables.
  4. L

capacity/payload

But by your method, that would mean 32710 - 23000 = 9710 lbs of curb weight. That can't be right as the payload of 3825 would indicate 12300-3825= a curb weight of 8475. 9710 + 3825 payload would be 13,535. So although your first statement would seem correct, the numbers don't add up that way.
  5. L

capacity/payload

So my truck has a payload of 3825 and max towing of 23000 according to Ram website. GCWR is 32710 and GVWR of truck is 12300. How does Ram calculate to get a max towing figure of 23000? I'm looking at tandem dual equipment trailers with 2 - 10000 lb axles. Some of the trailers have a GVWR...
  6. L

No longer any Def Date Codes?

Costco had a pallet of Peak Blue DEF without any date info this week. Hope that doesn't mean it was from a year ago when this thread started.
  7. L

Road Noise

Well I taped up the rear window on the outside with painter's tape today. Lo and behold, the noise is gone. Called my dealer and told the service writer who is supposed to get back with the shop foreman. We'll see how much longer this takes to fix.
  8. L

Wind noise in cab

Did you ever get this resolved?
  9. L

Road Noise

A rougher ride and some noise is one thing, and expected. Having so much additional wind noise that sitting in the rear seat is uncomfortable is another.
  10. L

Road Noise

Did you ever find a solution for this? My dealer is saying it is likely my aftermarket Weatherguard over the rail toolbox that is increasing wind noise. But this problem started before I even had the tool box. They replaced rear window and I can still notice noise without the toolbox, but the...
  11. L

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

The speakers most likely. Mine also did it other times, but during acceleration it was more noticeable.
  12. L

2023 RAM 2500 HD

Well, the powder coat shop came up with Beaver Bronze, but said that it isn't a perfect match. Holding a sample up to the truck you could see the issue. A different truck outfitter sent me to this place for powdercoat, so I assume they have pretty good knowledge. A different outfitter said...
  13. L

2023 RAM 2500 HD

Yeah, and if they actually put it in the HD trucks on the telescopic steering and rear cab size it would be nice. Number 8 can be removed from the list, as it just took a new rear window to make it go away. It would also be nice if the powdercoating folks would make a color to perfectly match...
  14. L

Had a new rear window installed because it came from the factory with a leak causing wind noise. Also waiting on a replacement seat cover since the buckle was broke off the Longhorn trim on passenger seat. And they had to install the floor plate on the passenger door that was never installed...
  15. L

How bad does it pull when you let go?
  16. L

2021 Ram 3500 Srw

How bad does it drift? I have the same truck and wondering what to expect as normal. I know the outside of the front tires wore the molding tits off much faster than the rest of the tire.
  17. L

2021 Ram 3500 Srw

Can someone post the Thuren specs?
  18. L

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Has anyone powder coated a toolbox to match the RV Walnut Brown on the Limited Longhorns? The powder coat guy I spoke with said that it is a hard color to match. Beaver Bronze is what Prismatic Powders says is the match, but apparently it isn't perfect. Anyone have suggestions? Should I just...
  19. L

2023 RAM 2500 HD

Thanks. You saved me $600.
  20. L

2023 RAM 2500 HD

While you are working on that next prototype.....here are my top 10 redesign requests in random order. 1. Ford tow mirrors 2. Redesign the rear view mirror/safety crap that blocks the view for anyone 6'2". I'm tired of doing the limbo to see across the windshield. Couldn't see a full size...