Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. austins_dreams

Hi, I saw your CJC Intercooler guard posted for sale. Would you be able to get a shipping quote...

Hi, I saw your CJC Intercooler guard posted for sale. Would you be able to get a shipping quote to 29369? Much appreciated. Austin
  2. austins_dreams

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

A small photo dump from a recent Utah/Colorado trip. @TrailWhale
  3. austins_dreams

It's crazy how much more ground clearance the Exp1 bumper has over stock. o_O @TrailWhale
  4. austins_dreams

I think you're right about the weight. Looking at pictures of other gas WK sliders, the front mounting bracket looks to be in almost the same position. So I'm wondering if they used the same geometry for the diesels and just used the front bracket for weight like you mentioned. And I think the...
  5. austins_dreams

My procrastination paid off and I managed to snag a nice set of White Knuckle sliders off of Facebook Marketplace for a steal. They were for a diesel, so it was necessary to modify them a bit. For anyone that finds themselves in the same situation: The diesel HD's have no MDS/cylinder...
  6. austins_dreams

Looks good. Do the Carli arms hang down lower than the factory PW arms? Or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?
  7. austins_dreams

If you don't want a lot of poke, the +12's are your friend. Mine are 18x9 +18 with a 13.5" wide tire and they poke just a little. The +12's would stick out about a half inch further than mine (assuming similar tire size). A -18 with that 9.5" wide wheel would stick out about an inch and a half...
  8. austins_dreams

4th Gen 5th Gen Ram 2500 Thuren Rear Coils 1" Thuren Rear Overland Shocks Less than 5k Miles

Thanks for the fast shipping, Frank! I would take the Overland shocks off of you as well, but I'm already running those. :D
  9. austins_dreams

Lets see those power wagons

Too many pavement photos. We need to hit some trails! :p
  10. austins_dreams

Thuren 1.5" Spring Install - Tips?

I upgraded to the Thuren Overland shocks all the way around when I did my springs. This was strongly recommended by Thuren and other experienced friends. Thuren specifically warns that the shock travel and dampening rates should match the springs being used or the ride and performance could be...
  11. austins_dreams

Easily the best car I've owned. And I've had more than my fair share of fun cars.
  12. austins_dreams

"The grass is always greener". Realistically, every G8 and SS was built in Australia and shipped to the US. So they're all "real" Holden's. Haha. GM offered an option to keep the Holden badges when you ordered the SS, so you could actually get a badged Holden at delivery.
  13. austins_dreams

Fake.
  14. austins_dreams

Angle and lighting. #instagramvsreality :p
  15. austins_dreams

Life has gotten in the way of getting to the trails lately. But I at least managed to get the second dadmobile out of the garage this weekend for a picture with the big girl.
  16. austins_dreams

Thuren 1.5" Spring Install - Tips?

If I remember correctly, we had to disconnect the sway bar end links to get max droop regardless. So eDisconnect won't really be that useful here. @TrailWhale made some jack stand risers to set the frame on stands, then we used two jacks for the axle. As others have said, pretty straightforward...
  17. austins_dreams

2022 power wagon 37 tire advise

I'm running about 42 cold. Still playing around with it a little bit, but it seems to work pretty well for now.
  18. austins_dreams

It's awesome that you can basically drive into your back yard and be on one of these trails. I'm jealous! :D So cool to see these trucks out doing the thing and adding a few mementos to the paint. That area makes a lot of the stuff in our area look like rabbit trails. Miss being out there. This...