Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Riddick

6 month review

The AC being weak is a well known issue with these trucks. I opted to install a ball valve to block coolant from circulating through the heater core during the summer months. While I did not test this myself many people have reported a 10 degree drop in AC temps. You will not be able to adjust...
  2. Riddick

Too much oil and poor dealer help

My bad, for some reason I was thinking the smoke in the cab has been present all along. Yup, time to BURN IT DOWN!! :)
  3. Riddick

The OP has an exhaust leak somewhere that's letting exhaust get into the cab. There is no software flash available that will cure this unless its eliminating emission controls all together.
  4. Riddick

2022 2500 Ram ticking

Fellas, great points.... and I agree with almost everything you are saying. While the oil passages are filled with oil they are not moving oil until the filter is filled, there has to be pressure established for oil to flow. I find it odd that the majority of these ticks happen right after an...
  5. Riddick

2022 2500 Ram ticking

Do you happen to have any data supporting this. I recently came across a YT video in which they did a pretty good comparison on this exact subject. I get this is a YT video but the poster is credible based off his previous jobs and he appears to be pretty knowledgeable on this topic. I may be...
  6. Riddick

Why are they not addressing the smoke in the cab issue? Any exhaust or boost leaks prior to the DPF will 100% impact regen frequency. Fix the exhaust leak and reevaluate, come on RAM!
  7. Riddick

22 Cummins Tune Install

To be honest with you I do not track DEF usage so I cannot comment on this. The CP tunes are 100% more efficient than stock tuning, my truck gets the best fuel mileage on the 80hp tune which is tune 3. Under WOT the truck will use more fuel than stock however, when cruising they lean the fuel...
  8. Riddick

Superjoe is on point with his statement. It sounds like there is an exhaust leak somewhere which 100% can cause your excessive regeneration issues.
  9. Riddick

Acceptable amount of blowby for 2021 2500 6.7L Cummins with 53k mi?

Looks perfect, drive it 300k while performing regular maintenance and check again :).
  10. Riddick

Do you have details on the smoke in the cab? It could of been the first regen since the truck was put back together and it was just the oils and grease burning off the exhaust parts. I listened to your video above and your engine sounds pretty good to me however, in my opinion there is long...
  11. Riddick

Oil Change Ramps

On my first oil change I used a set of rhino ramps and they worked fine. However, as @H3LZSN1P3R stated all of my oil did not drain out of the pan. On my last change I was able to get under the truck with a 5 gallon bucket and I was able to access everything without using any ramps. My truck...
  12. Riddick

Tune for 2022 HD

The part number I posted in the pic is for a blank 19-24 ECM, enter the part number in google if you wish to verify, 68363277AA. Summit Racing had them listed for $1912.99 but are showing out of stock.
  13. Riddick

Losing weight

Contact Al Gyman from Valley Center. He is not on here much but his username is @gyman98. He is very active on Facebook and tons of positive reviews on the Cummins Facebook groups.
  14. Riddick

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

I think he is talking about "Rear Leg Room". For Crew Cabs I am showing 40.2" and the Mega Cabs are showing 43.1".
  15. Riddick

Transmission Whirring Noise

He stated he has a 2500 so that should rule out the Aisin. Op, can you tell us if you have a diesel or gas truck? I'm going to go out on a limb and say he has a 6.7 with the 68RFE.
  16. Riddick

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

If you had 10 of us build our perfect truck they would all be different, you have to do what's best for your needs. I agree the short beds are a touch to short, if they were a few inches longer I could load our dirt bikes straight rather than angling them in. With a GM or Ford short bed I would...
  17. Riddick

Fuel in oil

It sounds like you are working the truck pretty good so I don't think that is your issue. If you are able to I would start with checking all of your charge pipe connections for boost leaks. You can do this by visually inspecting for holes and ensuring all pipes are seated correctly and clamps...
  18. Riddick

Fuel in oil

Do you monitor how often your truck performs an active regen? If not you can monitor the DPF filter gauge screen and it will tell you when it enters an Active regen. From the sounds of it I bet your are tripping an engine code for frequent regens and this is causing your oil to be diluted with...
  19. Riddick

Lug nut replacement

McGard makes high quality lugs but you will pay a premium. I purchased a black set of McGards 2 years ago and they are holding up perfect so far.