Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Diesel42

Is It Me or My Cargo Camera

Hello Ram, are you listening?
  2. Diesel42

Fifth Wheel Clearance

Have you considered a axle flip, I did it when I bought my 33' 5th wheel toybox last year. Gives you at least 6" of ground and bed clearance.
  3. Diesel42

Fifth Wheel Clearance

These new trucks sit so tall that I had to do a axle flip to get the clearance over my bed
  4. Diesel42

120v A/C in bed?

Must have been ordered with the Bed Utility Group
  5. Diesel42

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I thought the uconnect downloaded the updates behind the scene automatically? Are we supposed to download these updates from somewhere and install ourselves? If so. where do I find them and the downlaod precedures? Thanks
  6. Diesel42

FYI- I just got a questionere and followup call from Ram regarding my 2021 3500 Laramie H.O., I mentioned the cargo camera issue and insisted it be sent up the chain for review and resolution. She was very curtius and friendly and assured me that the issue would be addressed. I recommend...
  7. Diesel42

I hope Ram is listening and provides a fix for this.
  8. Diesel42

Yes 12” screen. Cargo cam blurry and grainy. Tailgate cam, as great a picture as my new iPhone??? Dealer thinks it has to be in the software. Question is: When will Ram escalate this to the point that someone will fix it. The fact so many are experiencing the same exact issue leads me to believe...
  9. Diesel42

Took mine to dealer who agreed. They ordered and replaced the cargo camera with a new one. However, didn't make any differenace at all. The tailgate camera is clear and perfect. He said it will take enough complaints from customers to get any attention to fix it.
  10. Diesel42

Navigation not working on 2021 ram

Shouldn't be that way as the Nav is a stand alone system, no subscriptions required. The rotten Sirius Sat does require monthly ransom for some things but not the Navigation.
  11. Diesel42

Same here. 2021 w/12" and the top mounted camera is like viewing without eye glasses. Very grainy with or with out zoom activated. One of the very few disapoiont,ents I have with the truck
  12. Diesel42

5th wheel to gooseneck adapters

I went with "Convert A Ball" system on my 33' 16k Toy Hauler. We travel off the pavement so the gooseneck hitch offers that flexability, not to mention not having to deal with the hitch itself. Simple with a gooseneck ball. I heard of all the supposed potentail issues of damage to the pin box...
  13. Diesel42

Navigation not working

Just recently experienced this problem (2021 Laramie w/12" Uconnect). I'll have to try your suggestion. Thanks
  14. Diesel42

HO MPG

80% city(start/stop traffic/ turn off and restart) w/20% hwy=21 consistantly 3900 miles since new
  15. Diesel42

2021 Aisin Tow Haul Doesn't Engage

Thanks for the info. I could have sworn last week while pulling my trailer/backhoe the tow/haul wasn't working(21 Cummins H.O. 3500). The light came on the dash, however I could tell by the mannerism of the trans/engine/ and braking wasn't acting correctly. Was questioning myself as crazy but...
  16. Diesel42

6th gear lockout when towing or let it go?

Best way I can explain it is: Think of a portable generator. say it runs at 3600rpm, under no load it uses (X) amount of fuel. Now plug your house or RV into the generator, notice you hear it grunt, it remains to achieve the 3600rpms in order to spin the windings to hold the correct voltage. Yet...
  17. Diesel42

That's fine. It's only under heavy load do the egt's spike. 6th gear with low rpm's and no load doesnt spike egt's. Even at 1000 rpm's, the Cummins has alot of torque. If you were to view with a pyro, the egt's would be low under those circumstances.
  18. Diesel42

You are absolutly correct. You are understanding it perfectly.
  19. Diesel42

Oh gotcha. Prob a good idea
  20. Diesel42

Are you saying these are available stock? If so , where do I find these as I thought I looked high and low throughout the system?