Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. C

Tow Mode camera 2022 vs 2023

The updated attached photo has part numbers for the kit and for the main individual components, taken from tags on each component. In addition, attached is a pdf of the package contents and instructions.
  2. C

Thank you for sharing that info. I am getting close to doing the installation. Was looking forward to the trailer rearview in the digital rear view mirror instead of via the Furrion wireless camera and extra screen in the cab. I may stick with the Furrion and extra screen based on your results...
  3. C

I just pulled mine out of the box for my 2024. I'm still learning on this topic and appreciate any input. It appears from the ports on the included cables (see photo) that we must use both cables and the repeater? I also would have preferred the single 55' cable without the repeater.
  4. C

CAT Scale results with 3500 CTD and 9,000lb trailer - Look OK? Anything you would tweak?

Do these photos answer that question? Glad to try to measure something else if not. Running Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 285/65R20 tires, so sidewall is about .6" higher than stock. And this is running Alternate Trailer Height.
  5. C

CAT Scale results with 3500 CTD and 9,000lb trailer - Look OK? Anything you would tweak?

I do have rear air suspension. The travel trailer dealer installed the Equalizer WDH. I put the truck in Alternate Trailer Height Mode before they did the installation. (I think I had seen AH64ID suggest this in another thread.) I didn't do any of the fender height measurements before and after...
  6. C

Thank you for taking a look and for your insight!
  7. C

I made a trip to the CAT scales with our Ram 3500 and 9,000lb travel trailer today. The graphic below shows the results. (Did I do the calculated rows correctly?) Do the numbers look OK? Anything you would tweak? The WDH is an Equalizer 16K. Would you run without a WDH with these numbers...
  8. C

Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs 20”?

Thanks again for the help above. Got some Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 285/65R20 tires today. We'll see how they go.
  9. C

** SOLD ** Firestone Transforce AT 285/60R20 tires - 4 tires for sale - take offs with 784 miles (No longer available)

I purchased some new tires for my Ram 3500 and have these 4 Firestone Transforce AT 285/60R20 tires for sale. Good condition with only 784 miles. Pick up in Henderson, NV. $400 for all 4 tires.
  10. C

Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs 20”?

Thank you. I've been scratching my head on this. I couldn't find it on the Cooper website using 20" wheels for search. I just switched to 18" wheels and the 3PMSF version showed up.
  11. C

Regarding the Cooper AT3 XLT’s, are they no longer 3PMSF rated? I was looking at Discount Tire website and Cooper website and don't see a mention of 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake. Am I missing something?
  12. C

2500 vs. 3500 (both with factory auto level rear air suspension) towing stability with 1,000 lb TW and 8,000 lb travel trailer

Thank you for that. I'm learning too and will be coming back to this post when I am ready to hook up :)
  13. C

2500 vs. 3500 (both with factory auto level rear air suspension) towing stability with 1,000 lb TW and 8,000 lb travel trailer

I am in the early learning stage on the air pressure topic. Mine are currently at the 65 front/80 rear that the dealer set them at for delivery. And I actually find the ride firm but not objectionable. I will experiment with lower tire pressures over the next few weeks. The following thread is...
  14. C

Mainly ride and a little better sidewall for offroad use. See my recent thread below for some insight. I also remember seeing an older thread with a lot of discussion on 18 vs 20. Thread 'Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs...
  15. C

Here you go. No moonroof, yes sprayliner. Other options listed in post. Post in thread 'Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.' https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/please-post-payload-sticker-from-drivers-door-jamb.218/post-299571
  16. C

Congrats on your order! We went with SO with 68RFE after lots of reading threads. I think it will be more than adequate for our current and anticipated towing needs. I had read some concerns about the Aisin shifting for daily driver so I leaned toward the 68RFE, and the 68RFE has slightly more...
  17. C

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

2024 Ram 3500 Limited 4x4 Mega Cab, CTD SO, SRW, Factory Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Snow Chief Group, 5th Wheel Prep, Tow Technology Plus, Limited Level 1 Group, Engine Block Heater, Rambox Delete
  18. C

Thanks again for the guidance above! Took delivery of the 3500 yesterday.
  19. C

Price Protection on New Order? (relative to Priced Order Confirmation)

Thank you all for the feedback above. Reporting back now that that purchase is wrapped up. I did not put down a deposit or have a signed agreement. Probably good advice in the future. I had purchased from the dealer and manager before and basically trusted them. They ended up being stand up and...