Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

What happened to the diesel prices? - in Uconnect that is.

Does sound like a great feature. As far as truck stops go, they got them by the short hairs as they can't just pull in anywhere and fuel up. Kinda like an airport and their pricing.
  2. T

No trailer-tow pkg on Ram build site for Ram 2500 truck.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_2500.2022.html#/model/CUT202214 CLick model comparison and scroll down a bit to the red standard features. If you click the red standard features link it shows a class V receiver and brake controller as standard on the big horn
  3. T

Oil filter changeouts how much of a pain

I bought one of these.
  4. T

Configure Alternator for 2500 tow

Srw 3500 is pretty much the same dimensions as the 2500. Might have a rougher ride but you do get some more carrying capacity moving up. I do agree the 4x4 is taller than that 4x2. My wife had knee surgery last year so that was one of the reasons I was getting into a different truck. The "old"...
  5. T

You said you were ordering so I figured for the $855 or whatever the 2022 will be, you get the 220A alternator, clearance lamps, limited slip diff, and fancy tires . Snow Chief Group. (I can't seem to get a link to it to come up. https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_2500.2021.html# Another thing...
  6. T

You don't specify your unit as 4x4 but the snow prep pkg with the skid plate, 220A alternator and some other stuff is what I would check the box for if it is. If not a 220A I'm sure would do fine for a couple hundred dollars on a 2wd unit. I wouldn't want the added complexity of multiple...
  7. T

How does one order a tow hitch when spec'ing out a new order?

Actually I think it is a Texas thing as I've seen the big horn stuff too. But here the LoneStar is the step up from tradesman from a Texas dealer.
  8. T

They do sell it, a guy just has to know to check the right box or make sure it is there before plunking down the money if that is what a guy wants on his unit. It is the tradesman, the economy unit. They make it as "less expensive" as possible so as to be able to advertise the "from" price. The...
  9. T

Plenty of bro dozers and mall crawlers buying way more truck than they need. And a brake controller is a few wires away if a guy wants to have one functioning. . Don't think In your wildest dreams every trailer you see out there over 3500# has brakes on it and the ones that do probably have a...
  10. T

Repurposing a WDH w/Sway hitch

When you are out there and it is stormy or windy and those semi trucks come high ballin by, you want that sway control. Not fun or at least from the ones I've seen it sure doesn't look like it, to put a trailer over on its side or worse. It seems you have the equipment, why wouldn't you use it?
  11. T

Not everyone tows a real wide or super heavy trailer to need the fancy Mirrors and/or a brake controller. Are they nice to have? Sure are!