Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. dgrover75

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Called my dealer this morning - he said "still D, we have no idea what is going on; maybe call RAM customer service.."....... ---- so I called Ram (rather than chat) and spoke to a very nice young lady who said "your truck is set to be built but we have no estimate of shipping, and we can't see...
  2. dgrover75

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I have the same serious question - I'm trying to figure out other "options" if the truck doesn't come as we have trips planned for both holiday time periods... I'd be happy to hear anyone's comments on that as well. What is realistic? If we have no movement and we see folks getting Oct build...
  3. dgrover75

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

So by my "back of napkin": that means since Aug 9 - assuming 6 work/build days a week; there have been approximately 30 build days and 14000 trucks built...... so roughly 470 trucks per day. Give or take. ...... appreciate all of your effort finding details!! Many of us have that pesky day...
  4. dgrover75

I just got my canned "waiting on parts" no movement; go have a drink response from Ramchat... :( would love to even have some idea of truck in Nov or truck in March or .........
  5. dgrover75

Thanks for everyone's service. Started in USAF as a B1B WSO - left uniformed service, been a GS for the past 17 years; it's a good ride.
  6. dgrover75

........ they told me "4-6 weeks sometimes quicker- we're in Texas so shipping is really fast; we've never really seen one go past 8 or 9 weeks ever"......... well they have now; even if you "count" from when they started building (8//9) and not the order day (7/12); I doubt I get my truck...
  7. dgrover75

question: Could you add a "count" at the top of the estimated ship date column? Since that is the first indication of "potential" movement in the scheduling/building process it would be interested to see how that number changes as well.
  8. dgrover75

forget camping out---- I was hoping I could just go build my own truck and drive it back
  9. dgrover75

I'm with you! but I looked all through those images and not an Olive Green on the lot...... darnit....... ;)
  10. dgrover75

Not lost me yet.... they gave me until Thursday to decide (and let me know if they get another offer before then). I like both trucks obviously - I am concerned with the "regret" on the adaptive cruise. I've never had it in my trucks - but my wifes cars have had it for years, so I know how...
  11. dgrover75

Ready for flames --- conundrum: local dealer yesterday offered an in-stock 2021 F-250 Lariat 7.3L at 8% below sticker. Nice truck, very comparable to my order 2022 2500 Laramie 6.4Hemi with all the Tech ( LevelB/SafetyGroup/TowTech/SnowChief/OffRoad/BedUtility/BodyColorBumpers) I ordered on 12...
  12. dgrover75

I would prefer the chrome on black. Though I like some chrome - maybe not as much as the chrome package; but I also don't like the all blackout night look on a black truck. I'm going with Olive green, but I decided on the body colored bumpers so I could have a little chrome on the grill and...
  13. dgrover75

That is what I did too. Excited to get the Olive - don't really see any Rams in that color around here.
  14. dgrover75

2022 Ram HD - Post delivery upgrade plans

Running Boards (I didn't order factory) Window Tint PPF Film for bumper Tonneau Cover Drop Hitch I'm sure more will follow once I have the truck for a bit; but this list will get done in the first week.
  15. dgrover75

I had the same problem with a 2500 Laramie - I had Level B, TowingTech, and Safety Group but wouldn't let me add BSM. Put my order in without it; but my dealer was calling RAM trying to ask if it can be added. I haven't heard back in a couple weeks (but I also haven't inquired - I'm happy to be...
  16. dgrover75

I was an early one with just sequence number. I've added a "comment" in the VIN field on your spreadsheet with my full VIN. Line 138 : 3C6UR5FJ8NG121079 I also don't have a "zone" (Covert CDJR Austin) it just lists "vehicle invoiced through Mexico Sys"
  17. dgrover75

I also want to say thank you for doing this. I know how much effort it can be. I look at your spreadsheet each day just to see the new updates/orders/dates/ etc. Fun to watch everyone's orders move forward and gives me hope!!! You are doing god's work for our sanity!!! Thank you, Thank you!!!!
  18. dgrover75

How do you guys haul bikes?

Agree that dirt and grime will get between pad and truck. However, I've been using my "Softride" brand pad since 2015 and have not had any issues with scratches. That said, when we are done traveling/using the bikes the pad gets folded and put on a shelf in my garage. I also take a wet rag and...
  19. dgrover75

How do you guys haul bikes?

+1 for bike pad...... this is a pic from the current truck but RAM will be the same whenever it arrives. With a 6.5' bed, you can get 5-6 bikes across (we have 4), and you'll notice my BAKflip cover is in the front open lock position (folded but not standing). this gives enough room in the front...
  20. dgrover75

New Central Texas

New member from Leander, Tx (just northwest of Austin). Currently drive a 2015 Z71; but my 2022 Ram 2500 is on order; hope to get it soon!!