Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

Transmission fluid

Thank You. Curious, how do you send a private message on this forum?
  2. J

Transmission fluid

Great to know, thank You, so 60K is the magic number.
  3. J

Beware of the new Cummins 6.7

Interesting, as the 2500 has over 130 days' supply, and most heavy duties are not far behind. Used prices are falling as new prices have to fall. Stellantis has been the worst price hog in the last couple of years. For grins I tried building a '24 3500 similar to my '21 Laramie, and now I have...
  4. J

Transmission fluid

I have a 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW long bed with the SO Cummins, and we tow a 16.5K Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel. The truck has just over 43K miles and finally taking it in a couple of weeks to get the transmission recall done. My question pertains to the recommended transmission oil change...
  5. J

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

I have a '21 3500 Laramie, long bed, SRW, 50-gal fuel tank and the SO engine. and air suspension. I am getting 10-11 mpg pulling at my self imposed limit of 65 mph towing a 16K fifth wheel. If not pulling, we live in a semi-rural area, I get 19-20 mpg or better if I keep my foot off the gas. The...
  6. J

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

I don't have a picture handy of mine, but it is a '21 3500 SRW Cummins diesel, not the HO, Laramie trim with the long bed and 50-gal fuel tank. Payload is 3963 pounds. I pull a '21 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS fifth wheel with it, and very pleased with how it pulls. The Trailer max weight is 16,500...
  7. J

Does the Ram HD's come with the 2 1/2 inch to 2 inch hitch adapter?

Yes it does, it typically is under one of the two storages under the floor in front of the rear seats.
  8. J

2021 Fuel Economy, am I lower than expected?

I have a '21 Laramie 3500 Cummins powered SRW, non HO, long bed, 50 Gal. fuel tank, with 5900miles. My wife was commenting yesterday on the EVIC reading as we drove home from a family thanksgiving dinner. It was showing 20.5MPG, best so far since bringing it home. I drive a combination of city...
  9. J

5th Wheel Hitches > I am So Confused!

And I had to adjust the hitch to the lowest setting as dealer said it was riding a bit high on the middle setting. It rides about 6" from the rails now.
  10. J

5th Wheel Hitches > I am So Confused!

Sorry, I am late to this thread. I pull a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS with a 2021 Ram 3500 SRW and 8' bed. Dealer didn't even look at all the measurements I had taken. he wanted the hitch over the axle, and he turned it backwards. It pulls fantastic and never have to worry about cab clearance
  11. J

Towing MPG

Lol, new truck 3500 miles on the odometer. first pull with 1100 miles, just over 10MPH. We are in flat country, Eastern NC. Last pull to Williamsburg VA, about 225 miles each way on mostly four lane highways
  12. J

3500 HO Diesel vs Standard Diesel

Agreed
  13. J

Air suspension

Great question, i wonder myself. We were loading our 5th wheel the other day, and the truck sort of lowered itself just a bit. My bride was bewildered, I blamed it on the air ride. sometimes after pulling and it seems to ride tail high, so I play with the lowering settings to set it level. Still...
  14. J

Towing MPG

11.3MPG with a 2021 Ram 3500SRW pulling a Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS at 16.5K max, but a good 1K under that most of the time. I have a self imposed 65MPH limit even though we have tires rated at 87MPH
  15. J

aftermarket trailer TPMS systems - what are you using?

BMPRO with our Jayco Pinnacle. Works well
  16. J

3500 HD Truck I cannot access display trailer brake options

My 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi had the manual oboard with the 8.4' screen. My new 2021 3500 does not. Actually have to go the paper manual.
  17. J

Lets see what you are towing!

Pin is around 3200#, and it is just me and my bride, just over 300# and 2 10 pound puppies. The truck has 4000# payload and air ride. Lest I forget, pulling with an AUH, so add another 40 pounds. Pulls great, absolutely no issues. Adding hydraulic brakes to the trailer as soon as I can have the...
  18. J

Towing MPG

Just finished our first trip with our '21 3500 long bed SRW pulling a 15K 5th wheel. Truck has 1900 miles and we drove about 330 miles home from taking delivery in the VA mountains. We averaged 10.4MPG which i thought was pretty good for the weight we were pulling.
  19. J

Lets see what you are towing!

'21 3500 Laramie long bed and our brand new '21 Pinnacle 36FBTS. At the dealer picking it up last week and at a local RV park, Walnut Hill Park VA, where he had us spend a couple of nights to insure all was working well.
  20. J

3500 HO Diesel vs Standard Diesel

$4000 difference. I have the '21 "regular" HD engine to pull a 40'Jayco Pinnacle. Somehow I don't think I will have any issues, and get better fuel mileage