Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. I

Musty A/C Smell on Startup.. this happened on my Chevy but a bit different, looking for advice.

Thinking about it, I was also washing both trucks a bunch when the issue was at the worst. Maybe it had to do with that as well, but I always try to wait to drive it awhile after washing. I’ll check the cabin filter first and see. Maybe I just need to change that more often. Thabks
  2. I

Musty A/C Smell on Startup.. this happened on my Chevy but a bit different, looking for advice.

I tried looking this up but at the same time, I figured I'd check around here too. I've noticed lately that my A/C on startup comes out musty, and this used to happen on my 2011 Chevy Duramax. The fix the Chevy dealer said was don't run recirculate or switch recirc off for a few minutes before...
  3. I

2021 Fuel Economy, am I lower than expected?

Hey... it beats the city driving I was getting. THAT was the shocker...
  4. I

First Oil Change - Interesting Result

Thank you for that image. It's the model number I actually looked up originally on Amazon. Like they would know a screw from a nail.. Anyways. I just wanted to make sure they didn't have a lot of different models since I know there's a whole bunch of different Ram models. I'll start looking...
  5. I

Do you guys use the oem Mopar filters when you replace? I read somewhere a part number, then Amazon in its infinite wisdom says that part doesn’t fit my truck. So I’m still trying to find the actual Mopar number. I’m not beyond going with off-brand stuff, but honestly, my Chevy had amazing...
  6. I

I’ve been working on my throttling and stuff. Changing my routes and what not. I still get what I’d think is pure garbage for city numbers but I’m thinking it’s the path through my city I take. It’s littered with short stop and goes, stop signs or lights every couple hundred feet, maybe every...
  7. I

I didn't really expect this to take off so drastically but I really appreciate the input. The more I drive this, the more I learn and enjoy it. I just drove out to my sister's in Riverside yesterday, roughly a 60 mile drive, roughly took about an hour to hour-30 including traffic. I opted not to...
  8. I

Hehe, thanks. I appreciate the info. Been working since I posted that and was planning to research tonight. I feel better knowing as long as I save receipts and track changes I’m good. Things are so crazy now with covid pricing anyways, I really gotta save a buck where I can. Not looking forward...
  9. I

Hey, by my accounts, the more I think about it, the less I remember the last time I reset my Chevy’s average mpg, so for all I know it could have been 10,000+ combined landing in the 10 range. 13 sounds good, at the very least fair to me. It’s not that far fetched now that I think about it. So...
  10. I

75th PW questions on upgrades

I agree on the rock sliders needing to have been larger, in my opinion. I may not be tall at 5'8", but I for sure have wide feet ranging in the E to EE range and my feet HATE those sliders as steps. I use them for now because my 2011 1-ton Silverado was a couple inches shorter than my Wagon. It...
  11. I

This is good to know. My truck is right over 300 after having bought it on the 4th and I know I did my first change in my 2011 1-ton Chevy Diesel after 500, but I was thinking more on this one around the 1000 mark from my Uncle who's rebuilt engines. Not sure what the sweet spot is but I have...
  12. I

Weak AC anyone?

Thanks. It's strange because when I searched around for my 2011 because I had become aware of them, everything said they stopped putting them in trucks, where as before they used to have them. Maybe they did stop for a few years or it was a Chevy thing. I don't know, I had a huge black cover for...
  13. I

Weak AC anyone?

Wait.. my 2021 PW has a cabin filter? I thought they stopped using cabin filters back in the early 2000's (my 2011 Silverado I traded in didn't have one and a lot of research was turning up that was the case). If they added them, glad to know- I used to always hate being around people smoking...
  14. I

I'm only on my second tank for now.. but I definitely plan to ride it out for the time being. Even if it's low- it's not the end of the world. Just gotta account for it. I have stopped taking side streets as much so that I have longer stretches to hit into Eco mode more often to prolong the...
  15. I

:D Thanks. I appreciate the lesson and I appreciate your description as the McLaren of trucks and other comparisons. As long as it can somewhat tow (I know tow ratings are lower for this than the normal 3/4 tons) the camper my Uncle will eventually be getting and storing at my place, that's more...
  16. I

I guess I was just expecting it to be a bit better (than my diesel- I knew slightly better mileage but I thought it was mostly under highway conditions). I’m not actually sure what the weight difference was from the diesel; just knew the diesel had heavier parts and extra stuff like 5 gallons of...
  17. I

Hey guys. Hoping I can get some advice here. Just got my 2021 PW on the 4th, and I’m about 190 miles into it sitting at just under a quarter tank left, standard 33g tank. Driven mostly city stop and go except for the trip back from the dealer twice and out to it once, roughly a total of 60 miles...
  18. I

Steering wheel wear, and/or protection?

Any cover type/brand you like in particular? I never was a fan of bulking the already bulky wheels up a bit but the tear on my old wheel has me rethinking it.
  19. I

Steering wheel wear, and/or protection?

Hey everyone. First time RAM owner, second time truck owner. Just traded in my 10 year old Silverado which had the same basic premium interior equivalent as this RAM and I had some things happen back in the Chevy I am hoping to avoid with this RAM. The truck is used as a daily driver for work...
  20. I

Just traded in from my beloved 10 year old Chevy on the 4th.

Hey everyone. The time was mostly right finally to trade in my 2011 1-ton Duramax Silverado. Had a lot of great years with it but my driving style of needing to do frequent short trips began to take it's toll with all of the emissions add-ons that California has basically imposed on their diesel...