Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Bigsnowman

Upgrading OEM Alpine Speakers

Thanks brv10 for the tip. I replaced both front corners with NVXs (had a leftover nib Hertz for the center) then took a 21oo mile road trip for the test. They really livened up the front! Yet another great tip from a solid guy! Side note, I had a pair of JLs in the front corners of my '16...
  2. Bigsnowman

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

At the shop....trying to build back our savings account!
  3. Bigsnowman

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Even though I wanted a Laramie, we ended up ordering a LH (basically to insure we had the power folding mirrors). It's a beautiful interior and a very well appointed truck!
  4. Bigsnowman

@matemike ... mine was a crap show. It sat built in Saltillo 68 days. Sandy emailed me one morning and said it was still setting and did not now what the hold up was. An hour later she calls and asked if I got the email. I said no, she replied with "good, please disregard it, your truck was...
  5. Bigsnowman

@Leadchuncker .... Congrats! When we were there Monday, there was a boat load of vehicles. They needed to use the panic button to find Whitey then find the noise. MD may need to buy dirt. I noticed there is quite a bit out near the airport. They could get a few birds with one stone.
  6. Bigsnowman

@G'Dave.... When I chatted with Sandy on 10.1, the power fold mirrors were available on a Laramie. Then I went to order the truck on 10.28 and they were not. I chalk that up to the crap show we are now living in. One day something is available, the next it may not be. I've got a number of...
  7. Bigsnowman

Well ladies and gentlemen, I finally got to pick Whitey up yesterday! Aaron and Robert at MD were simply fabulous and even filled up the 5o gallon tank! Even Aaron couldn't believe how long it took our friends at Ram to build this truck. During our brief wait, I mentioned to my girls that...
  8. Bigsnowman

2016 Ram 3500 Bighorn CCLB

2016 Ram 3500 Big Horn, one owner, custom ordered, 129,800 miles. Always kept in heated garage. 10k on stage 2 transmission (still under warranty and have paperwork). Full weight loss plan with stainless tbe and muffler (nice growl, no drone). Always run full synthetic oil. Always allowed to...
  9. Bigsnowman

It's Bright White. We've got the pearl white on my wife's Sante Fe and it's beautiful. Mine is a work truck and I think the Bright looks a bit more fitting.
  10. Bigsnowman

Well Whitey finally showed up at MD. Only took almost 8 months. I tried to be patient and not bug either Sandi or Aaron to much. They've both been nothing short of magnificent this entire time! I'll post more pics when we pick her up. And thanks to everyone here as the conversation has been...
  11. Bigsnowman

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

@OfficerDirtySanchez , could you please mark Whitey (line680) KZX? It's been a long almost 8 months, and it's not even a Canadian order! The folks at Mark Dodge have been nothing short of phenomenal as this hasn't been much fun for any of us. Ordering from Sandi was awesome! Now working with...
  12. Bigsnowman

You had one thing right....it's a crapshoot. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the order in which Stellantis is producing trucks.... not trim, not location, not options, not color, not DRW or SRW, nothing! And the shippiing....simply put another crapshoot and more than likely...
  13. Bigsnowman

Line-X for bed...

I've got a Line-X in my current truck and have a rubber bed mat over it to prevent sliding of gas cans etc. 6 years going strong and would strongly recommend the set up.
  14. Bigsnowman

Did I hear somewhere that Swift in many cases represents Sure Wish I'd Finished Training?
  15. Bigsnowman

Whitey went KZLD March 19. Then supposedly got a train ticket May 25 and got unloaded May 27. My point being nothing gets reported and all of a sudden shows up unloaded from the train and ready for final transport to the dealership. I will say that much of this timeline borders unacceptable...
  16. Bigsnowman

I sure have grown to like the power folding mirrors. So has my bride thus the reason she said to order a Longhorn. Also, a large fuel tank has been a great thing. The current Whitey holds 75 gallons and the new Whitey has the 50 gallon tank. That way I can fuel where it's more cost...
  17. Bigsnowman

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! Got a quick update on Whitey, especially for those who are relatively new here. Many others have heard this before as I ordered the truck October 29. It bounced between D and D1 until finally landing D1 December 9. Stellantis thought it would be a good...
  18. Bigsnowman

@OfficerDirtySanchez ...when you get back you can mark line 679 KZM.... already! Sandi called with an update this morning stating that she just learned Whitey made the train. It only took 67 days from built to train ticket. And thanks to the little bird here who so kindly shared Whitey's...
  19. Bigsnowman

That tracker is wayyy swank and with incredible accuracy! They are spot on that Whitey got ordered 10.29.21, was scheduled for production 12.9.21, finally got built 3.19.22 and is still ready to be shipped with an ETA TBD. They should take part of their tracker development team and transfer...
  20. Bigsnowman

I'm not sure enough good things can be said about Mark Dodge. Sandi has been fantastic over the past seven months and today I had a great email exchange with Aaron. Whitey (a fairly stripped down LL) was ordered October 29 and was promptly built March 17. Went to shipping March 19 and no...