Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. D

Downside of using the 2" to 2.5" sleeve?

I tow a 11,000 lb TT with a 2 1/2 sleeve on my 2" WDH. Did have it welded after listening to noise from too much misfit of parts. Noise is about 75% better.
  2. D

DEF filter cleaner?

Agree , just so happens I just got back from a 5200 mile trip pulling my 10,500 lb. Outback TT at hwy speed limits.
  3. D

DEF filter cleaner?

Thanks - I figured that might be the case; but I had to ask.
  4. D

DEF filter cleaner?

My 2500 CTD just turned 44000 miles. Is there a real fluid cleaner that goes into the def filler tube that works? I'm not having any issues; but thought maybe I could stay ahead of any problems.
  5. D

Beware of US 491

Rt 491 from Shiprock NM to Gallup NM, absolutely is the worst stretch of hwy we encountered during our 5200 mile trip from San Antonio to Glacier NP and back to S.A. Yes there were bad sections of road in every state, but 491 got my vote for disgusting.
  6. D

Anyone running a 295/65/20 on stock suspension?

No, didn't try without the spacers. I wanted sidewalls even with factory fender flare. This is close. Those spacers look like mine. Note - I had to use a cut off wheel to shorten factory studs. a 1" or 11/2" spacers will require to cut factory studs. Studs will hit back side of the factory...
  7. D

Bought used alum. spacers local. See pic-
  8. D

here is a pic
  9. D

I'm running a BFG K02 295/65/20 on stock rims with 1" wheel spacers. No rubbing on anything.
  10. D

1 inch front lift pictures?

different camera, same result
  11. D

Traxda # 605031 $114 I couldn't tell any different ride quality. Her is another pic - I'm having trouble with the attachment photo being cut off on the sides.
  12. D

1" front spacer. Height front 41" , back 42.5" No change in ride quality.
  13. D

American made tire

I didn't mention that certain sizes of the same design will be listed US or Jp
  14. D

American made tire

Look at Tire Rack web site. Pick a brand tire, pick a style (AT-3) look at the complete tire size & specs menu. The last column on the right side gives place of manufacture. As an example - Toyo is listed US
  15. D

Porpoising, sway, coil vs lead, airbags, TT vs 5er, and more!

I agree - Owned a 6200 lb. 25ft. TT when I bought the 2500. I didn't even know I was towing a TT at that time. Wife wants more room; I told her the 37ft would be marginal with the 2500; and it is . However, I'll safely make it work to my satisfaction.
  16. D

Porpoising, sway, coil vs lead, airbags, TT vs 5er, and more!

You can not discount any of the replies you have gotten, so I'm going to give you my set up also. 2021 Mega cab short bed 2500 pulling a TT 37 ft. , 8700lbs. dry with 1100lbs. hitch weight. This set up makes the rear squat 5" and the front rise 2". This is impossible to...
  17. D

Better tire size for towing

Thanks - I think so also; but maybe I will get more input from others.
  18. D

Thanks, good info - I like personal experience feedback. I still have the 20" TransForce with 26,000 miles. I pull a TT @ 11,000 lbs. I like the 18" tall sidewall look, but do not want to give up control.
  19. D

Thanks for your input - I do not have a sway problem, I want the best control possible for passing eighteen wheelers. Most all E rated use 80 psi from what I have researched.
  20. D

If you take 2 same brand rated E sidewall and overall height tires; but one is a 18" diameter wheel and the other a 20"; which one will feel better towing? Buy feeling better; I mean fighting trailer sway. I believe the 20" should, but I'm asking anybody with hands on experience.