Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. U

Adding OEM Heated Steering Wheel and Seats

Yes, once you change the settings in Alfa the soft buttons in the 8.4 showed up. You do not need the center stack to get full functionality. I did it for a complete install.
  2. U

I found a used one on eBay and got the P/N from the pictures on the listing. Finding the right part numbers is a royal pain and I searched for days on the clock spring and guessed correctly.
  3. U

You need the new clockspring to power the heated steering wheel. Your tradesman clock spring does not have the heated wheel pigtail coming off the clock spring to power it.
  4. U

Does anyones 8.4 reboot for no reason or get stuck on "waiting for connection"?

I go to uconnects site and put in my VIN to check for updates. It has always said it is up to date.
  5. U

Does anyones 8.4 reboot for no reason or get stuck on "waiting for connection"?

Same, Uconnect says up to date when checking for software updates.
  6. U

Got the center stack installed. Everything is working 100% factory with no additional wiring.
  7. U

Yes, they worked plug and play without Alfa.
  8. U

I had to change the codes with Alfa to get the soft keys in the 8.4 radio.
  9. U

Correct, while I was swapping the clock spring I noticed that the adjustable pedals plug was also wired into a dummy plug on the old clock spring. The new one has the plug for the adjustable pedals so I am sure adding those would be easy as well if you could find a pedal assembly.
  10. U

Okay I got the clock spring installed and the heated wheel works with no additional wiring. Once I get the center stack installed I will update again. Here are the part numbers I ordered. Clock Spring - 68425689AA Center Stack - 68370125AB (this is for manual climate controls with an 8.4 screen)
  11. U

Audio Steering Controls Retrofit

I swapped in a steering wheel from a big horn on my tradesman and the audio buttons work with no issues.
  12. U

Trying to get my PIN 2020 2500.... Dealer is saying i need the radio SN#

Yeah no matter what I do I cannot clear the fault C006A out of the ABS Module.
  13. U

Yeah I have tried everything and nothing changes the behavior. I am going to have to take it into the dealership. I will keep the thread updated as I know what happened.
  14. U

Yeah I did. It didn’t change anything for me.
  15. U

I would caution anyone changing tire size on a +19MY truck. My truck is now stuck with two warnings and I cannot get rid of them, ESC and trailer brake. I have code C006A in the ABS module and it will not clear no matter what I do. I have gone through the initialization, cycle, clear rolls...
  16. U

Used AlfaOBD to program TPMS and Tire size.. it worked, but with ABS/Camera faults?

Hey all, I need some help I just attempted this on my 2019 2500 and everything went fine the first change but it was slightly off so I tried a second time and now I cannot get rid of service trailer brake and service electronic stability control. I have tried going through the process multiple...
  17. U

Have to give @Jimmy07 a shout out for helping me get the missing AlfaObd settings. I now have working heated seats in my tradesman. The soft keys are present in the 8.4 radio and I can turn the seats on and off. Once I get the clock spring installed I will update the thread and let you all...
  18. U

Good luck mate, I was literally watching for a leather heated steering wheel since I bought my truck back in Nov of 2019. I would type in 19 or 20 ram steering wheel in eBay and have to filter through the 1500 wheels. I was almost tempted to try a 1500 wheel and see if it would work on the...
  19. U

I made the following changes to my truck to try and get the "Controls" added to my 8.4 radio but I am having no luck getting the radio to recognize I have heated seats. I ordered the center stack and clock spring but I was hoping to get the soft keys working so I could at least turn them on and...