Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. garyh

Big Horn 4x4 1500 vs 2500 in the comfort category?

have you adjusted the tire pressure on your 2500? Mine came with 90 psig. I dropped to 60 it made a huge difference on the expansion joints.
  2. garyh

Frequent Regen 2020 6.7

yes still have the screen, but doesn't indicate any percentage.
  3. garyh

Frequent Regen 2020 6.7

yeah unless you are like me and have the new truck without the dpf sensor due to the chip shortage. I've only 1200 miles on it and havn't a clue when it is in regen mode. LOL
  4. garyh

Silly question (Bed Lights)

following
  5. garyh

Non Tow Mirrors

I'm not the expert, but I don't believe the OEM tradesman non-tow mirrors are power folding, nor have the lights. Is your issue with the split mirrors in each mirror assembly?
  6. garyh

You are going to LOVE your truck! I too had a Tundra (13 Ltd) that I really really liked, until I couldn't wait any more for the overdue update and bought a 19 1500 Ram BH. that was a fabulous truck but I didn't like the towing mileage. Same as Tundra 8-9 if I had a tail wind. Got my 21 2500...
  7. garyh

I thought I had the factory air suspension…Can I add it?

I'll be installing the AirLift 5000 and plumbing them individually. I had the 1000HD on my 19 1500 BH. For compressore, I have a Milwaukee M12 battery compressor that works awesome! The hose theads onto the schraeder valve and desired pressures is set digitally. set pressure, punch the...
  8. garyh

New to Cummings and Diesels

only break in advice I got from the dealer two weeks ago was not to tow with it for 500 miles. Service Manager explained that was not engine related, but rather differential break-in. As an also first time diesel owner, what an AWESOME truck! I cannot believe how smooth, quiet, an pleasurable...
  9. garyh

EZ-Pass

I keep my Ipass in the center dash cubbie. Always get a blue light (read) going through the access booths so I assume no issue with the open tolling booths either.
  10. garyh

My Limited truck was built without the Trailer Reverse Guidance programmed in the BCM

yeah just what I need, more input from my passenger seat on my driving. LOL
  11. garyh

ZF’s New PowerLine 8-Speed Automatic Could Make It To Cummins Diesel Rams:

yeah and on my BMW X5 4.4l that I had a trans (ZF) go out on at 120k, the dealer tech told me that they consider 100K as a transmission lifetime. He recommended draining, measuring oil removed, and replacing that amount of fluid every 50k. He said you would only be replacing about 1/3 of the...
  12. garyh

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Thats great news! Picked my Limited CTD up yesterday. WOW! What an awesome truck! It was a painful wait but I am already in love with this truck. It is a significant change from my 19 1500 which was an absolute dream to drive. This 2500 rides and drives WAY better than I expected, but it is...
  13. garyh

it was about 6 weeks at S San Antonio. Took a couple of weeks to get it out of the other distribution yard in Illinois. I was told alot of the delays was attributed to the lack of qualified Semi transport drivers. Updates lag actual location. My Salesman said Saturday that they didn't have...
  14. garyh

SiriusXM is relentless

They never give up. I still get contacted about my motorcycle Sirius subscription that I never re-upped after the introductory period. (I never listen to music while riding). This has been going on for 5 years. LOL
  15. garyh

whoo hoo! Salesman called and informed me that my truck was delivered today. Almost 8 weeks from South San Antonio yard to Chicago area. They will have it detailed and prepped for me to pick it up Monday afternoon. My Salesman sent a picture to prove it was there. LOL Can't wait!
  16. garyh

2022 tundra

Disappointing. I loved my Tundra Limited, but when it was time for a new truck (2019), I wasn't waiting for the LONG overdue update. Ended up with a 5th gen 1500 and here I am. And when Toyota finally releases their new truck, this is what it is???? WTH! Maybe the millennials that grew up...
  17. garyh

New member from WI

where did you order your new truck?
  18. garyh

HD New Guy

This is a great site with a mountain of great information. I have learned so much here and am looking forward to my new truck also. I'm sure you will enjoy your new truck.
  19. garyh

2019 RAM 2500 Diesel Towing Issues (with Hensley)

great news. Thanks for the followup. I was following your initial post with great interest after all the rave reviews I had previously seen on the Hensley. I'm looking for a ProPride 3P or a Hensley Arrow. Haven't found one that is close enough to price and location. Yet.
  20. garyh

Rear wheel well liners

Go to build page and do a model comparison. All the model comparison details indicate that 21 Laramie trim and above (PW, Longhorn, Limited's) come standard with rear wheelhouse liners. Maybe you need to discuss this with your dealer. Could be it was overlooked during build out.