Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. leo319

Exceeding Payload with Auto Leveling Rear Suspension

I'd go with a dually or order without factory suspensions and add your own. I went through almost the same thing as you did. Came for a 1500 with a 4 air suspension and pushed the payload almost twice its capacity and I was amazed how well the the air suspension did considering the amount of...
  2. leo319

Hellwig Rear Swaybar for 3500 Fitment & Airbags

Just saw this. I've installed the 7298 on a 2020 Ram 3500 DRW and also installed airlift airbags. no problems.
  3. leo319

Truck Camper Questions

I don't think I'll be your guy to answer this. I hardly use the 4x4, actually never have with a camper on. I've use the 4x4 on sand, remote lake areas, etc., but only with the SRW, I never used a DRW 4x4, Ive read other posts where people talk about that. I am yet to experience and learn about...
  4. leo319

Truck Camper Questions

If you could do the long bed, then go for it. It will just open the amount of options with campers, but more importantly it will place your center of gravity COG on the right spot with room to adjust. I can't do a long bed because of the need of the mega cab (the reclining seats on the back are...
  5. leo319

Truck Camper Questions

Ill share my two cents and hope someone learns from my experience.. I was in the same position as you are just two years ago, factory airbags or not, dual alternators, debating between mega or cc, SO vs HO, 3.73 vs 4.10 gears, (DRW was definitely not an option), and short bed campers seemed to...
  6. leo319

Lets see what you are towing!

Actually towing on this pic, but I mainly haul the camper..I have since sold the SRW and bought the same exact thing but in DRW since I'll be upgrading the boat and I was already pushing my payload..
  7. leo319

19.5 Alcoas Wheels?

did you notice any difference in the ride? I've read they are stiffer. I'm aware of the benefits of 19.5 and having a real truck tire (Class 8 truck) on it, longevity being one of them. I own a few peterbilts and depending on the application we've gotten over 200k miles on Michelin sets...
  8. leo319

Lets see what you are towing!

Nice set up! Out of curiosity, do you know the tongue weight of that trailer? Does your truck have factory airbags or other suspension enhancements?
  9. leo319

19.5 Alcoas Wheels?

Not sure if this has been discussed on this forum (didn't find anything), but has anyone tried the Alcoas 19.5s on a dually? Just ordered a dually and curious to hear if anyone has tried them... I've seen them on the 5500s and wonder if they would be any clearance issues compared to the 3500...
  10. leo319

Feedback in Replacing SRW for a DRW

Gosh, you guys are a ton of knowledge!
  11. leo319

I gotcha. Yeah, it makes it harder for me right now as i am in the middle of summer and hate the idea of having the camper and boat parked while i get 2-3 months for the right truck.. but i guess good things are worth waiting for. Not to mention, the gal who orders my trucks is only doing 9k off...
  12. leo319

Yup... I'm the same way, I don't tweak or tune things involving any parts of the powertrain.. little mods here and there to make it to taste sure, but don't mess with stuff that may void factory.
  13. leo319

Again, thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated!
  14. leo319

Impressive and helpful link. Thank you so much, you guys are a great resource...
  15. leo319

I gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I have a smaller tacoma I use for daily driving so most miles on the dually will be towing.. There is this steep grade near the lake I frequently camp at, so I am looking at it as more than occasional towing. Happy to be here and be learning from you guys. I...
  16. leo319

Thanks for the feedback, it pushes more towards the 4.10. Not sure if i mentioned, but the it does not have the AISIN, its the 68rfe with the 4.10s.. Any thoughts on that combo? The most i anticipate towing is the same camper and a 6500-7000 boat. I should be grossing at about 19-20k when that...
  17. leo319

very interesting... wonder why...
  18. leo319

Yeah, so right before i sold the truck to my buddy we went over to the scale to get weighted and i was wrong all this time. The camper alone is 4200 (dry) and boat should be around 400-500lbs of tongue weight. That puts me at 4600-4700 dry. 40 gallons of water (dont have to always be full) at...
  19. leo319

Gotcha. Looks like ill be closing the deal tomorrow. A bit of change of events, the truck will have the 68rfe with 4.10 gears AND factory airbags. What do you all think? Payload on sticker says 5375, and I should be just right there... Do yo guys think factory airbags should suffice? I wanted...
  20. leo319

Mud Flaps with fender flares

what type exhaust tip is that? Also, how do you like the mudflaps? I just sold my SRW and getting a dually in the next week or so which will need them..