Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Unknown Whistling Noise

It sounded like it was in the dashboard area. The crazy thing was it sounded like a human whistling. Not the turbo-type whistle.
  2. S

Unknown Whistling Noise

This might sound a little crazy and I don't know where it was coming from. Tonight when I shut off my truck, I heard a whistling sound from inside the truck. Lasted 20 - 30 seconds after the truck was off. Weird? Any thoughts? 2019 HO 3500 w/ 21,000 miles
  3. S

Ic coolant low

I have noticed the IC Coolant light comes on when the temperature outside has dropped below freezing. It only remains on for a few minutes while the truck is warming up, 2019 3500 HO with 18,000 miles. I have not noticed any leaks or the smell of antifreeze.
  4. S

2019, 3500 diesel particulate filter gauge

Thanks for all of the answers concerning my problem and other information related to regens.
  5. S

70 - 75 mph, temperature outside is in the 50-60s . I am probably watching my gauges to much, i just remember the regens happening more during the warmer weather. Maybe my vehicle isn't getting hot enough for it to have a regen. I appreciate your information concerning this issue.
  6. S

i have a question concerning my Ram 3500 HO particulate gauge. Lately, I have noticed the gauge isn't changing, it is still at the same level of particulate percentage(gauge reads about 25-30%) even though I have driven 50 to 100 miles on the interstate. Is this normal or should I have gone...
  7. S

3500 SRW Automatic-Leveling Rear Air-Suspension

Brutal, you are correct. Your answer of lowering the trailer weight on the hitch by utilizing the alternate trailer height before attaching the WDH bars is what I normally do when towing my trailer. I just wanted to confirm this is the correct way to utilize the alternate trailer height. thanks
  8. S

MY question concerning the alternate trailer height is this......do you adjust the weight after you have hooked up your WDH(I have the 4 point equalizer hitch) or do you adjust the weight when you put the weight on the ball without the 4 point sway bars installed on the WDH? 2019 3500 - HO...
  9. S

I have a question concerning the use of the alt trailer height on my 2019 SRW 3500. If I am towing my travel trailer with a Weight Distribution Hitch(WDH) can I use the alt trailer height with the WDH? If so, do I use the alt trailer height before or after hooking up the WDH.
  10. S

Where to find TTPMS parts?

Don’t mean to jump this conversation, but I am looking for clarity. I have the TPMS for my trailer but I have to use the TPMS monitor to view tire information. Is there a way to view on the uconnect or do you need to have a certain Ram model to do. I have the 2019 3500 Laramie.
  11. S

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Curious, how do you know if your 2019 model truck needs to have the cp4 replaced? Or do all 2019s have to be replaced?
  12. S

Engine Heater - startup

Well, thanks to this site, I was able to find my block heater cord and will begin using it next year. Is there a temperature range for utilizing the heater? Any temp below freezing? Again, thank you to all who shared the information pertaining to the cord location.
  13. S

Axle Ratings

Again, thanks for all the great information I have received since joining this forum. I will keep all of these post in mind while I start my first travel adventure to the south towing my travel trailer.
  14. S

Engine Heater - startup

Looked for the cord, but I was unable to find it. I guess my Ram is equipped with engine block heater, but I will need to purchase the cord. Thanks to all for the information!
  15. S

Axle Ratings

Thanks for all of the great information and differences in GAWRs & GVWR when it comes to towing. I am new to towing a RV and I am trying to do it as safely as I can. Also, with the price of diesel, I am trying to haul the weight and hopefully save on the cost of fuel. My plan is to drive at...
  16. S

Axle Ratings

Okay, thanks for the information. Since I am new to towing, I guess I’ll ask my next question. As I stated earlier, I am at 9500 lbs of weight on the hitch w/ a weight distribution hitch, 4 pt equalizer. I plan to drive at a speed of 65-70 on highway. Question, tow haul, auto exhaust brake...
  17. S

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Yes, I do have the digital mirror on my 2021 Ram 2500. So, you are saying I would still need the 2022 mirror to use it for towing my trailer. Currently, I have a Furrion camera on my trailer.
  18. S

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Is the tow camera, wiring, and other equipment available for install on the 2021 Rams?
  19. S

Engine Heater - startup

Okay, I will look for it tomorrow, thank you for the info!
  20. S

Axle Ratings

I agree, especially with the payload, 2120. Trailer and equipment leaves me about 300 lbs before 10,000 GVWR. I was wondering if it were a big deal if I exceeded the GVWR, because according to the axle ratings I could haul a lot more than I have on the truck. Usually, somewhere around 4800...