Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Cold Air Intake

No. The stock one is great already. Invest the money into your retirement account or buy your wife some dinner.
  2. A

Dash camera

What camera is this? I want a dash cam but don't wanna mess with internal wiring.
  3. A

Anyone have experience with high idle hours?

How do you check idle time? I have a 21 2500 6.4
  4. A

Need Help w/ 2500 Hemi vs Cummins

If you get the 2500, get the Hemi. If getting the 3500, go diesel. I also tow a TT around 6/7k. Payload is everything to me with all the crap I bring during camping trips. If you go 2500 with a diesel, you'll have way less payload. Probably run out of payload before reaching your tow capacity...
  5. A

2500 vs 1500 and TT weight

I pretty much did the same as you. Even have the same same WDH. Agree with everything, in addition I can drive with one finger whereas with the 1500 I needed both hands, tight grips too.
  6. A

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Weigh my truck today. Had me and kid (around 240 lbs combined) plus some tools and recovery equipment. Matches my payload sticker.
  7. A

What did you do TO your RAM today?

This truck right here is how I would do it if I had a 3500. Tasteful and beautifully done.
  8. A

Truck purchase advice

Get what you want. It's a big purchase, don't settle. A gasser or diesel will both handle that trailer well. Diesels are more expensive upfront as well throughout the lifetime of the truck, whatever you get once you sell it will be a wash compared to a gasser. Diesels get old as a daily driver...
  9. A

Lets see what you are towing!

2018 Coleman 2405BH. Have not adjusted WDH for this truck yet but I know I have to buy a shank with more drop. Old Cat Scale numbers were with my previous tow vehicle (2020 Ram 1500 classic CC, 4x4 hemi). Truck was loaded with wife, mom, two kids with baby seats and myself, plus misc camping...
  10. A

For those who bought a used TT or 5th Wheel - did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

Yup, go through every system. I did a eyeballed everything on my trailer when buying it and when I brought it home found the heat wasn't working and a few other things. Take your time and have the guy do the inspection. Often when buying things, we don't have a clear head.
  11. A

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

2021 2500 Tradesman crew cab 6.4 hemi 4x4 4.10 gear Chrome package Elect shift on the fly Tow mirrors 6 foot bed 8.4 uconnect
  12. A

2021 Tradesman 2500 tire pressure for crew cab

Picked up my 2021 2500 about a week ago, had over 85 psi in all tires. Supposed to be 50 and 65 as per manual
  13. A

Soft Brakes - weak brakes - sponge brakes 2021 3500 - merged threads

Yup, same thing with my 2021 ram 2500 hemi.
  14. A

Do ram 1500 classic side steps fit on 2500?

Thank you. I'll put them on when I get the new truck and will reply.
  15. A

Do ram 1500 classic side steps fit on 2500?

I'm trading my 2020 1500 classic (Crew cab,, 5 ft bed,4x4 hemi) for a 2021 2500 crew cab, 6ft bed hemi 4x4. Since the bodies are similar do guys know if the same side steps will fit?
  16. A

New owner, huge regret after leaving dealership

I can confirm that's not the case. I found plenty of 2500s without brake controllers and two mirrors.
  17. A

Another 3.73 vs 4.10 thread - placed order with dealer and second guessing my decision

Had this same debate in my head. Decided to go with 4.10 because bigger is better. But to be honest I'll never see myself towing anything that big. Right now my RV is only 28ft and weighs around 6k, but if I was to upgrade it wouldn't be to something so heavy that would require 4.10s. My advise...
  18. A

Ram's Holding Some Late November to Early December (Possibly More) Orders Due to Quality Issue (threads merged)

I didn't officially order a truck through Ram, but I did just put a deposit on one. During my research process many dealers told me about the lack of inventory. Finally found one 3 hours away that was listed in their website but when the salesman contacted me about it, he said it was en route to...