Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. jsalbre

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I can confirm the glovebox light plug doesn’t exist on my ‘23 Rebel either. I was rather annoyed by that, but honestly I’ve never actually needed more light in my glovebox.
  2. jsalbre

3500 Mega Cab SRW no more?

It’s been said here many times, but seems to need to be repeated on a regular basis. The build and price on the Ram site is rarely accurate, and full of bugs. The only accurate account of what options can and cannot be ordered are the order guides that dealers can download. Some provide them...
  3. jsalbre

Interior switch

No. Everything about them is different.
  4. jsalbre

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

Removing the transponder won’t help, most toll systems track via license plates as well.
  5. jsalbre

HEMI® Power To Keep Going In Ram Heavy Duty Trucks

A lot of commercial and gov fleets are moving to gasoline trucks for cost and maintenance savings the last few years as well. Gasoline engines are much more tolerant of idling than diesels are as well (though the Hemis are known to have some Ricki no issues with excessive idling).
  6. jsalbre

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Hmm, what about butyl rubber tape like you use on rv roof vents?
  7. jsalbre

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Have you considered putting a bead of sealant on the frame before riveting on the sheets? I’d think you’d end up with a better seal than just putting a bead from the outside.
  8. jsalbre

Recalls Thread

New recall (14B) for Steering Column Control Module issues, that could cause the airbags to not deploy. Currently no fix. https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=24V199000 https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCMN-24V199-9889.pdf
  9. jsalbre

Lane Keep Assist

I think something is wrong with your truck, it shouldn’t do that. Mine doesn’t lane center (it’s not supposed to) but it does a fine job of keeping the truck in the lane as long as the markings aren’t all screwy.
  10. jsalbre

Lets see what you are towing!

Awesome, thanks! Looks good.
  11. jsalbre

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Check RokBlokz. I’m a fan of them and they fit great.
  12. jsalbre

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

They may have changed something then. Used to be that they activated the services for you so they were on when you got the truck. I’d just bring it up before pickup and ask that they don’t do any connected services activation just to be sure.
  13. jsalbre

Downloading the app or not is irrelevant if the dealer activates the services at time of sale (which they are supposed to do as part of the PDI).
  14. jsalbre

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

You guys are almost old enough to run for president!
  15. jsalbre

Dog hair proofing a Crew Cab ?

I used this hammock for a while that's designed for the seats folded up and the load floor down, and it fit perfectly worked well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MRTB859 However, we recently switched over to a soft sided folding crate that fits perfectly on the 60% side of the load floor...
  16. jsalbre

2023 RAM 2500 Tow Mode Camera Fix & Installation

Nice work! One of these days (if I ever find a job again) I'll get around to installing the DRVM that I was told my truck would come with.
  17. jsalbre

Firestone Transforce AT2

I'd assume they're changing over as they run out of stock of the old ones. That looks to have a slightly more aggressive sidewall than the old AT. Who knows if it's actually any better though.
  18. jsalbre

Look at anything you sign up for. Every agreement mentions third-parties, vendors, affiliates, etc, and never spells out exactly who. If it did they'd be making you resign contracts every month because companies change who they do business with on a regular basis. A customer "not noticing"...
  19. jsalbre

It's exactly what my post says: That's also exactly what that article you posted is talking about, though that article leaves out some details, like the fact that OnStar actually advertises their own insurance offering that explicitly uses that data.
  20. jsalbre

Truck moves when put in park with Emergency Brake engaged

It's mostly due to drivetrain torque loading up the suspension, and then it setting when you release the brakes. You can see this just by holding the brakes and pressing the gas a little bit when you're stopped. The truck will raise up a bit, then settle back down when you let off some brake...