Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Fuel filters backordered

Noticed that the usual online sites that offer the genuine mopar fuel filters (geno's and others) are backordered until the end of April. Anyone know of other reputable sites/businesses/Ram dealers? The cheapest I've found them at a "local" dealer is +$250 for the pair.
  2. T

Night Package not showing on KBB

Have a 22 dually and received an offer from a local dealer on it. just for grins thought I'd see how their offer stacked up against a typical KBB value. clicking through the options I noticed that the night package wasn't an "option" to select. odd seeing 1) I see quite a few of them on the...
  3. T

Chevy 6.6 gas vs 6.4 Hemi

Have a 2021 2500 tradesman with the 6.4 hemi. Mainly a grocery getter as we have a dually to haul with. We'll be needing another vehicle early next year and after looking at the prices on a similarly equipped 23/24, a new 6.4 tradesman 2500 CC SWB 4x4 is $61k or so. Went and looked at a...
  4. T

Rip/tear on steering wheel

Have a 22 bighorn dually with the heated steering wheel. During the ice storm a couple weeks ago, I went to get out of the truck and stepped on ice causing my feet to slide out from under me. After slipping around for a few seconds, I got my feet under me and along I went. I had grabbed the...
  5. T

What are these? - found in back seat floorboard - 2022 3500

2022 Ram 3500 bighorn I found one of these several months ago in the back seat floor board and couldn't find where it should have been. Chalked it up to something odd making its way into the truck. Found a second one today. I keep a tool bag and other random stuff back there but don't think...
  6. T

Bed plug - how long until the battery runs down

...so looking at possibly running a box fan with the bed plug...have a 2022 DRW SO cummins...with my minimal electrical knowledge, seems like the little box fan would run fine...truck has to either be running or at least in the on/ACC position. If I left it in ACC mode, how long could I...
  7. T

Current financing rates....?

...bought a truck back in Feb...before the rates started being raised.... i know a ton of factors go into the rates that banks are willing to offer....but in the current market, what is everybody getting as far as financing over the past month or so...5-6yrs max, 800+ credit
  8. T

RAM wheel to wheel steps...

...will a 3500 crew cab DRW have the same mounting areas around the cab that a 2500/3500 crew cab short bed does? For instance - would the RAM wheel to wheel steps, made for a crew cab short bed, technically be able to mount to a crew cab dually? understood they "aren't made" for that...
  9. T

For those ordering - odd options to consider

Was at one of the local dealerships today and they had a couple BH night edition 2500s...all of them had a $250 credit for removing the connected services. I probably would've been fine with the "connected services" been removed without the credit...went and checked the Ram and Costco builder...
  10. T

3500 / Dually with three steps?

Looking for step options on a crew cab dually - went through the main threads on here and don't think I saw any duallies with three steps...they are either all cab length or the wheel to wheel steps are on SRW trucks. I've found a few online with the three step for DRW...any other options out...
  11. T

Selling privately - the different options

All states are different on how a new vehicle is taxed. In several states, a private sale of a vehicle can be used to offset the sales tax liability. In my state, a sale of a vehicle 60 days prior or 45 days after the new vehicle purchase is allowed to be treated as if it was traded in. I've...
  12. T

Options you are glad you have vs ones you could have skipped on

With quite a few of the users on here ordering their truck, for those that have already completed the process and have some seat time, are there any options that you are glad you included in your build (or wish you had included)….and any options that you included but could’ve passed on? Have...
  13. T

Night edition Dually owners

What mud flaps are you using? Any pics? Trying to get an idea as most of the dealer pics are without any installed and the few that have them have the usual chrome/diamond plate on them and it throws the whole truck off. thanks
  14. T

Big Horn Level C options

Interested in ordering a Big Horn Night Edition 3500 and Ram’s online building tool is of course out dated. Doing a comparison of exactly what you get and the costs associated with Level B/C when you jump to that package vs ordering Level 1 (why is it not A) and selecting the other options that...
  15. T

NFAB podium steps vs Havoc HS2 / HS3 steps

Other than the obvious branding on the NFABs, any noticeable differences between the NFAB podium steps and the Havoc HS2/3 steps? Looking at the powder coated black ones. Read on a couple other threads that NFAB/Havoc may be owned by the same company essentially just producing a similar step...
  16. T

OEM steps, looking for part numbers

Have a 2016 Ram 3500…I bought the Ram/Mopar chrome cab length steps back in 2016…fast forward to today, just bought a 2021 2500 crew cab gas burner and the only options online and via the “parts” guy are the wheel to wheel steps and black cab length. A chrome set comes up online (82213659AD) but...