Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. ahetherington

"Creaky Door" noise on startup

(Ram 2500 Cummins) On startup, I hear what sounds like a creaky door noise in or around the drivers fender area. Can't hear it when i'm in the cab, only outside. Anyone else? Thank you.
  2. ahetherington

Rear End Rattle, Possible Pinion Slop

Looking for some insight before my truck goes to the dealer. I have a couple symptoms that i'd like to see if other Ram 2500 CTD owners are experiencing. With the windows down, and my left ear pointed to the back: under acceleration from a stop, I hear a tinny-clanky rattle that is seemingly...
  3. ahetherington

Low Speed Driveline Clicking

I'll try to get a video and update this post. Problem: when my windows are rolled down, I hear a clicking noise coming from the front end area when I accelerate from a stop. Seems to go away once I hit about 10mph. I believe it to be driveline because in park/neutral and revving it, I do not...
  4. ahetherington

Engine Overspeed/Overrev Possible?

Backstory: was at a drive-thru and must have bumped the gear limit - button which locked me in 1st. Pulled onto the road and didn’t realize I was locked in 1st until I noticed no shift and looked down and was around 3200-3400rpm. I assume this is the rev limit. I checked the manual and it...