Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. BigJim

Soft Brakes - weak brakes - sponge brakes 2021 3500 - merged threads

2021 Ram 3500 SRW 6.4 gas 10,000 miles. Worst brake pedal feel of any vehicle I've driven in 5 decades! I actually had to move my seat forward several clicks just to make sure I can press the pedal down far enough to stop! Most of the time very soft and have to press down farther then I would...
  2. BigJim

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Following!
  3. BigJim

My 6.4's oil life gauge is bonkers

I just change mine every 5,000 miles regardless of how I've driven it. Seems like cheap insurance to put off rebuilding the engine as long as possible. That's got to be a huge cost! Plus I have trust issues with computers telling me when go to things! lol
  4. BigJim

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

35 inch tires, Tradesman 2 door cab. Too old to hot rod around anymore. 9 around town and best highway is about 14.5, that's on cruise control flat highway at 60 mph. I'm pretty disappointed, I could do this well in my 2001 2500 regular cab with a fully loaded service body, 4.56 gears and on...
  5. BigJim

ECO mode / Cylinder De-activation / MDS - How Do I Turn It OFF

Has anyone bought one of these yet? If so does it work? It looks like in the picture that you might loose cruise control, or not? Thanks in advance!
  6. BigJim

Phoenix px6 12.1 inch radio for Ram trucks. Anyone tried one?

Currently have the 8 inch without nav and thinking about upgrading. Has anyone tried one of these units and if so can you share how it worked out? Thanks!
  7. BigJim

Mileage before first oil change

This is what my manual has to say about it. I bought it new and drove it 1800 miles to home. Changed the oil then and again at 5000 miles. Enjoy your new ride home! " ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS — GASOLINE ENGINE A long break-in period is not required for the engine and drivetrain...
  8. BigJim

Mileage before first oil change

Changed my oil at 1800 after I drove it home from the midwest, I live on the west coast. Just had another oil change done at 5000 miles and will do so every 5000 from now. My manual just says there's an oil change warning that comes on the instrument cluster but does not list any thing in the...
  9. BigJim

What's this?

Thanks for the info!! Sorry the picture I tried to upload didn't go through, I don't know why it didn't but I have a lot of trouble posting on here. Most likely it's me. lol
  10. BigJim

What's this?

So I was checking out my new truck and found this wire bundle under the hood. It's on the firewall near the Aux control box around the area of the brake booster. Does anyone know what these wires are for? I'm hoping perhaps like my old ford they had wires for things like speeding up the...
  11. BigJim

Help with the 8.4 with Nav please anyone (solved)

Well darn, just been over on Ebay and none of the units for sale are for my 2021 truck. Grrrr.... I don't know why I just can't buy the parts from the dealer or a parts yard. Thanks for the advice, maybe in time they will become available for my truck.
  12. BigJim

Thanks! That never came up on internet searches so I never thought to try Ebay. I'm going to check that out right away! Thanks!!!
  13. BigJim

I'm curious about how you did your upgrade. Did you get a new screen and nav unit and if so from where? I have the 8.4 but does not have nav and I would like to add it. Any help would be great as I'm not finding much out about this upgrade, everyone seems to want the 12 inch screen which I...
  14. BigJim

2019 6.4 Transmission Issue

Same issues on my 2021 Ram 3500 4x4 with the 6.4 gas engine. It isn't bad but it's very odd to try to drive it at low speeds and I"ve also come close to hitting a few cars in parking lots. That along with a throttle that you barely have to touch to launch the truck it's hard to drive at times...
  15. BigJim

ANR Location?

Thanks for the picture!! Big help, I'll try to get to it tomorrow. I finally heard back from the company that made the part and they were of no help at all. Just a vague answer about being by the steering wheel. That picture is what I needed! Now to try and figure how to get my big fat...
  16. BigJim

ANR Location?

Not sure where to post this so I'm sorry if the wrong place. Hope someone can help. 2021 Ram 3500 Tradesman, gas with 4x4. I bought a harness to turn off the Active Noise unit however it didn't come with any instructions. I emailed the company and waiting for a response but I know a lot...
  17. BigJim

I just checked their site, only tanks are for diesels. Nothing for gas.
  18. BigJim

:eek::eek::eek: How many more years until that starts!! ;)
  19. BigJim

I've only found that to be for a diesel truck, so far not for the gas engine. No matter how many times I worked the build your ram site I soon as I click on the larger tank it switches me to the diesel engine. Grrrrrr
  20. BigJim

The 50 gallon tank is only on the 3500 cab chassis which has a 9 foot (it's really slightly longer) bed. That tank is mounted behind the rear axle, there isn't enough room on a regular 3500 for the tank to fit. I wish it would but that's what I've found out so far.